Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

vancouver advise.for people wanting to move here

vancouver advise.for people wanting to move here

Old Dec 26th 2004, 4:51 pm
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: vancouver advise.for people wanting to move here

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Hehehehe ... Calgary's Chinatown is great ... Chinese shop signs, Chinese street signs, Chinese bank clerks who can't understand Scottish accents ... Dragon City Mall has a huge top floor restaurant with a fantastic buffet, well worth a visit ... but, there will be *ahem* Chinese people there
Confucius say: he who doesn't like Chinese, should stay out of Dragon City.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 5:13 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
Confucius say: he who doesn't like Chinese, should stay out of Dragon City.
Confucius also say: white man who speaks with forked tongue should avoid chicken feet dim sum.

Old Dec 26th 2004, 5:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Confucius also say: white man who speaks with forked tongue should avoid chicken feet dim sum.
hehhe.....god I missed that sense of humour....so glad you're back lurking....
Old Dec 26th 2004, 5:55 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bevjohn
get what
That Canada is not Britain.
Old Dec 26th 2004, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
That Canada is not Britain.
and if I might add....." no matter how you want to colour it.....you are a racist".......shame on you......if you don't like it in Canada, move on.......
Old Dec 26th 2004, 6:17 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by willmore
"you are a racist"
Children, children ... it's Boxing Day ... can't you play together nicely without name calling?

Canada isn't 1960's Britain anymore than the modern day UK is ... there is a lot of discussion about how Canada is like the UK 20 or 30 years ago ... it's also not beyond imagination that you could interpret that to mean it isn't also multi-cultural.

The Canadian government tend to overplay thier Queen loving (the monarch, not the band) British heritage and downplay the multicultural aspects of life over here ... there's a lot of spin in what's fed to wannabe expats in the UK ... especially in Canada News ... the ethnic mix doesn't get mentioned anywhere in its pages.

Always visit before moving here ... it always pays to adjust your expectations to reality.

It's the season of goodwill ... let's not resort to name calling ...

Old Dec 26th 2004, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Children, children ... it's Boxing Day ... can't you play together nicely without name calling?

Canada isn't 1960's Britain anymore than the modern day UK is ... there is a lot of discussion about how Canada is like the UK 20 or 30 years ago ... it's also not beyond imagination that you could interpret that to mean it isn't also multi-cultural.

The Canadian government tend to overplay thier Queen loving (the monarch, not the band) British heritage and downplay the multicultural aspects of life over here ... there's a lot of spin in what's fed to wannabe expats in the UK ... especially in Canada News ... the ethnic mix doesn't get mentioned anywhere in its pages.

Always visit before moving here ... it always pays to adjust your expectations to reality.

It's the season of goodwill ... let's not resort to name calling ...
hehehe....I thought my message was quite tame compared to what I might have written (in consideration of Boxing Day of course)......but I like to call a spade a spade......
Old Dec 26th 2004, 10:02 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I like to call a spade a shovel, but a rose by any other name would smell as sweet........ I think I'll stick to the whisky!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 10:04 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Hey! How exciting; ... I am now a "Senior member" !

Whoopee-doooooo!!!!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 10:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Sometimes I like to call a spade a shovel, but a rose by any other name would smell as sweet........ I think I'll stick to the whisky!
and manure always stinks........hope that whiskey is Crown Royal....only in Canada don't you know........
Old Dec 26th 2004, 10:30 pm
little snowy owl

........hope that whiskey is Crown Royal....only in Canada don't you know........
My mother-in-law gave me a bottle of Canadian Club! ....... I think she must finally be coming around to accepting the idea that we really are going!

(haven't tried it yet ..... still working my way through a litre of Famous Grouse!) ..... hic

Old Dec 26th 2004, 10:31 pm
little snowy owl

...and there's no e in proper whisky!
Old Dec 26th 2004, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Morwenna
My mother-in-law gave me a bottle of Canadian Club! ....... I think she must finally be coming around to accepting the idea that we really are going!

(haven't tried it yet ..... still working my way through a litre of Famous Grouse!) ..... hic

Canadian Club is a very nice drink to nurse on the rocks......she must be very fond of you, it's very popular.

You know I had to check our bottle of Crown Royal and the label is whiskey (Canadian spelling) I guess....Canadians have always had their own way of doing things......
Old Dec 26th 2004, 11:23 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Isn't that Red Rose tea's slogan...?

only in Canada don't you know........
Old Dec 26th 2004, 11:24 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Here in the motherland, 'whisky' means scotch / Scottish whisky and whiskey is Irish or American (in a continental sense).

You know I had to check our bottle of Crown Royal and the label is whiskey (Canadian spelling) I guess....Canadians have always had their own way of doing things......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.