Vancouver

Old Sep 15th 2015, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Claireblou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vancouver

Absolutely more fortunate and very blessed to be so. Very sypathetic to their plight. But I'm also honest. It is what it is.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claireblou
Absolutely more fortunate and very blessed to be so. Very sypathetic to their plight. But I'm also honest. It is what it is.
TBH you come across as completely unsympathetic. And I would echo that I would seriously reconsider if Canada is for you, it's a really diverse country.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 6:51 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

... I don't however want to move next door to 4000 + Syrian refugees. (A previous post mentioned this had occurred in Surrey. ) either way this is off point so moving on thanks for some helpful info
Eh? Which idiot said that? Or, more likely, who was trying to wind you up?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

Bc 2015 I'm sure I'll manage I live 30 minutes from central London which is pretty diverse.

Jonboye - quite possibly on the wind up. Someone mentioned a church in Surrey that had something to do with it.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:26 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all.

Tirytory. I'd like to think the difference between me and them is I would be a self sufficient immigrant. Emigrating because Canada needs my husbands skill set. Self sufficient. I'd expect the refugees to be claiming benefits. Probably not fluent in English. Different religion and culture you get the general gist.
It is a shame they can't train up a Canadian to do the job then.

Good luck with that attitude in Canada, you are going to need it!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Beckiwoo. What attitude is that exactly? Stating a fact that you disagree with is an attitude nowadays is it? Assuming you're an expat otherwise why be on this forum you/your family are probably taking a job from a Canadian too if that's the way you look at it.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
It is a shame they can't train up a Canadian to do the job then.

Good luck with that attitude in Canada, you are going to need it!
If Canada made access education easier and made access to the in-demand programs easier to access, I bet you could find more Canadian's to fill some of these jobs.

I know more then one Canadian who can't exit the workforce to attend school who would gladly retrain if it were more accessible and affordable.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:54 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Beckiwoo. What attitude is that exactly? Stating a fact that you disagree with is an attitude nowadays is it? Assuming you're an expat otherwise why be on this forum you/your family are probably taking a job from a Canadian too if that's the way you look at it.
My comment was aimed at the fact it is shame that a Canadian cannot do the job when you coming over with an attitude like that towards immigrants/refugees.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 8:58 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

What does your husband do out of interest? What did or do you do? I guess since you have a salary he has a job offer and/or LMIA for PR?
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Most of us here are immigrants yes, but I for one wouldn't have any problem living with "refugees".
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:12 pm
Just Joined

I don't have an attitude towards immigrants I will be one and I was one when we lived in Alberta. I also don't have an attitude towards refugees either but frankly (talking about a thread that may be false regarding 4000 + Syrian refugees being rehomed in Surrey ) I don't want to live next door to them. It seems I will need all the "luck " I've been wished because according to this thread if your husband us head hunted to BC and you want to live somewhere nice with good schools and facilities. Low crime etc it makes you a shitty person. It's heart warming to know however that I'm the minority and you all moved to shit holes with bad schools making you the better person. Yawn.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:19 pm
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have an attitude towards immigrants I will be one and I was one when we lived in Alberta. I also don't have an attitude towards refugees either but frankly (talking about a thread that may be false regarding 4000 + Syrian refugees being rehomed in Surrey ) I don't want to live next door to them. It seems I will need all the "luck " I've been wished because according to this thread if your husband us head hunted to BC and you want to live somewhere nice with good schools and facilities. Low crime etc it makes you a shitty person. It's heart warming to know however that I'm the minority and you all moved to shit holes with bad schools making you the better person. Yawn.
Feel better for that?!
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

"I'm not racist but..."
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:25 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
My comment was aimed at the fact it is shame that a Canadian cannot do the job when you coming over with an attitude like that towards immigrants/refugees.
To be fair, many Canadians have the same opinions so it's not like these comments are anything new over here.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:48 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm all for helping refugees, although I wouldn't want them living near me. It's like using public transport; yeah, it's greener and more worthy and it has my full support, but the people on the bus are usually a bit smelly and it's nicer to take the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.