Reload this Page >

Van hire - Toronto to Halifax (or Sydney) with dogs

Van hire - Toronto to Halifax (or Sydney) with dogs

Old Mar 21st 2023, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

CapeBretonBound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Van hire - Toronto to Halifax (or Sydney) with dogs

Hi folks,

Me and my partner are moving over in a few months to Nova Scotia with our two dogs.
Because it no longer seems possible to fly dogs direct from London to Halifax, we are looking at flying us all into Toronto, hiring a van (something large enough for two crates, and 4 suitcases plus us & 2 dogs!) one-way and making a road trip out of it.

I was wondering if anyone has done similar?

And also if anyone has any recommendations on car/van hire and/or pet friendly hotels/motels along the way?

Thank you! 😊
Gwen
Old Mar 22nd 2023, 10:26 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Van hire - Toronto to Halifax (or Sydney) with dogs

Originally Posted by CapeBretonBound
Hi folks,

Me and my partner are moving over in a few months to Nova Scotia with our two dogs.
Because it no longer seems possible to fly dogs direct from London to Halifax, we are looking at flying us all into Toronto, hiring a van (something large enough for two crates, and 4 suitcases plus us & 2 dogs!) one-way and making a road trip out of it.

I was wondering if anyone has done similar?

And also if anyone has any recommendations on car/van hire and/or pet friendly hotels/motels along the way?

Thank you! 😊
Gwen
you want something like a minivan (dodge caravan) or a full sized SUV. Most of the budget motels have pet rooms. Super 8 and the like. Steer clear of Travelodge though.