Reload this Page >

Utilities in Calgary

Wikiposts

Utilities in Calgary

Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

emmapez77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Utilities in Calgary

Hi all, not sure I'm in the right place for this post but here goes.

At present there's a few of us house sharing, my hubby came over with his brother,step brother and step dad for work. Recently ive come over with our children and were all sharing till the current lease runs out on this house in September.
Anyway the step brother moved out in feb with a woman and we've been giving him the cash for all the utilities as they were in his name, howeve since getting this months bills, I've opened them and he hasn't paid them a penny!!!!! He's basically STOLE from his own brothers!!!!
He's supposed to be telling utilities he's moved out and we'll take them over, minus the arrears of course..... He can friggin pay them!!!!
My question is, do I have to pay a deposit on them? My hubby seems to think his step brother paid 500 to the companies but I'm not sure,
Hopefully someone can answer my question, I'm in Calgary.
Electric is enmax and gas says direct energy if that's any help.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:43 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Utilities in Calgary

Oh and he's not paid the shaw cable bill either, I'm tempted to just let them cut that off and get a new package....again is there a deposit for cable tv pleas?
Thanks guys
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC Direct Energy charged us a $200 deposit that was returned some time later. Enmax did not, neither did Shaw.
Old Apr 6th 2013, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
IIRC Direct Energy charged us a $200 deposit that was returned some time later. Enmax did not, neither did Shaw.
Both Enmax and Direct Energy charged me a deposit, although gave me the option of giving them all sorts of credit card/SIN info or just paying $200 and being done with it

I took the deposit option
Old Apr 7th 2013, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the replys guys, hopefully they add the deposit to the bill and I don't have to pay it upfront!!
Will give them a ring tomorrow.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

TheKellys5 is on a distinguished road

We did both gas and electric thru Enmax - no deposit and no issues - just supplied bank details for them to withdraw monthly!
How did the phone call go?
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

We only have a bmo interac account so deposits it was. $200 to direct energy for gas and $425 for enmax, which is payable over 3 mths.
On month 13 we get the deposits back, we'd have had to do it eventually when we moved from shared house in September anyway, Least they'll be cleared by the time we move.

No deposit for cable, we went through telus, and got a free 40" tv :0)
Old Apr 9th 2013, 1:13 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of rookie gets things in his own name and then doesn't pay them.

Sounds like he's a bit slow at grasping simple concepts!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Well as someone whose only been in the country since August he's hanging himself.... Only his credit rating he's messing up.
the fact that he's had our money and were all family is far worse in my book. However everything is now in my name.....I won't be screwed over
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:37 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emmapez77

No deposit for cable, we went through telus, and got a free 40" tv :0)
Nothing is ever free..you will end up paying for that TV and probably a lot more than if you had bought it in a shop