Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

USA Travel Question with expiring PR Card

USA Travel Question with expiring PR Card

Old May 29th 2017, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold
Default USA Travel Question with expiring PR Card

Im thinking of driving down from Calgary to Spokane. Im going for two days in July for a concert.
My British passport is fine, it expires in six years, but my PR Card expires in September. Can anyone see this being a issue with our US friends at the border? I have brown skin, I don't want to be shipped to Guantanimo and my bum buttered up.
I can't find anything on the customs site.

Anyone go any info on PR cards and US travel?
Old May 29th 2017, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Travel Question with expiring PR Card

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger View Post
Im thinking of driving down from Calgary to Spokane. Im going for two days in July for a concert.
My British passport is fine, it expires in six years, but my PR Card expires in September. Can anyone see this being a issue with our US friends at the border? I have brown skin, I don't want to be shipped to Guantanimo and my bum buttered up.

You won't have any trouble getting into the USA, it is getting back into Canada that could be a worry.

Having said that, a current PR card is only essential to get back in if you are travelling by any form of commercial carrier (esp. airlines). If as you suggest you are driving yourself (private car) over a Canadian land border, then you should be fine. Just take your original copy CoPR, expired card etc. and CBSA will check at the border.

A couple of more knowledgeable people will hopefully be along shortly to confirm my understanding.
Old May 29th 2017, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to apply for the I94 waiver and pay $6 USD when crossing into the USA. You should have no problems driving back into Canada as the PR card is still valid.You will need to take your passport.
Old May 29th 2017, 4:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony_Tiger View Post

Your PR card will still be valid, so there is no problem with re-entering Canada.