Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

USA Move, will Canada help???

USA Move, will Canada help???

Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:39 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: USA Move, will Canada help???

Originally Posted by iaink
He may be an idiot, but he has a long way to go to compete with GWB!

Besides, Ive an extra $3500 in my pocket thanks to that idiot, based on the kids allowance and tax changes, so I can forgive him to a certain extent
But wasn't the kids allowance, give with one hand take back with the other if you actually had a child in daycare?

Seems I remember some parents complaining about something like that?
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 2:48 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Move, will Canada help???

Originally Posted by Steve_P
But wasn't the kids allowance, give with one hand take back with the other if you actually had a child in daycare?

Seems I remember some parents complaining about something like that?
I dont have a kid in day care at the moment (offspring #2 will start nursery school in the fall perhaps, although #1 attends "Best start" once in a blue moon on the Fridays shes not at school) As my wife doesnt work, so we cant claim the child care expenses we currently have anyway

The take back of the kids allowance was mitigated by a new $2k tax allowance per kid under 7, so not only do I get $2400 for the two kids, I also get about an extra $1k back on my tax return.