Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Urgent: Dentist recommendation in downtown Toronto needed!

Urgent: Dentist recommendation in downtown Toronto needed!

Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:47 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of
Default Urgent: Dentist recommendation in downtown Toronto needed!

Hi everyone

Hubby just broke off part of his tooth and needs urgent dental assistance. Any recommendations would be welcome - he needs it fixed asap - but hopefully not at too much of a rip-off price. I fear, though, it will be pricey.

Thanks very much!!
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:55 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent: Dentist recommendation in downtown Toronto needed!

I go to this guy:

http://www.beachdentistry.com/

he's not quite downtown and will try to sell you all manner of cosmetic procedures but, if you hold him back like he's selling timeshares, he does a good job at a sensible price.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:56 am

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

This looks cheap and exciting:

http://www.utoronto.ca/dentistry/pat...linicmain.html
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:19 am
Elusive dreamer

gotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud ofgotoronto has much to be proud of

Thanks guys... not sure about the U of T one, bazzz... but certainly interesting.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:26 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

My ex and my children go to the world's most expensive dentist at Yonge and Davisville. If you want to emerge with that budding starlet look I can get the name tomorrow.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:45 am
Elusive dreamer

Originally Posted by dbd33
My ex and my children go to the world's most expensive dentist at Yonge and Davisville. If you want to emerge with that budding starlet look I can get the name tomorrow.
Thanks dbd33, that's really kind of you. I think your first suggestion, something between U of T and Hollywood stars dentist, was probably the thing we were looking for.

I am sure those dentists in the PATH system will not outdo the Yonge and Davisville dentist in prices?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:03 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by gotoronto
Thanks dbd33, that's really kind of you. I think your first suggestion, something between U of T and Hollywood stars dentist, was probably the thing we were looking for.

I am sure those dentists in the PATH system will not outdo the Yonge and Davisville dentist in prices?
Eeee, I don't know the rent there. I've never had any sort of dental plan and so fret as much about the price as the treatment. I suspect those dentists mainly deal with insured clients from the banks and so are perhaps not what you want.

Something I learned from having an autistic child, who had lots of treatments in the US, is to treat medical professionals like Arab traders. Coming from the UK I thought doctors were like gods, motivated by vocation and not negotiable. It's not the case "'ow much to fix this tooth?" followed by "forget it, I'll shop around" will get you a price. The problem is balancing the urgency of the pain with the agony of the price.

Don't take your tooth to Mount Sinai, btw, they offer high billing and no treatment at all. Dreadful place.