Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Urgent!!! BUNAC/Police check

Urgent!!! BUNAC/Police check

Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

JohnBC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent!!! BUNAC/Police check

So you think I will have to submit criminal rehabilitation forms/apps for a caution?! Crikey, this was 8 years ago and doesnt even involve any actual conviction....
THanks for your advice.
John
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnBC
So you think I will have to submit criminal rehabilitation forms/apps for a caution?! Crikey, this was 8 years ago and doesnt even involve any actual conviction....
THanks for your advice.
John
a caution is a conviction as I understand? a caution is an admission of guilt of a crime if you accept a caution

the caution is an alternative to a sentance

have a good search on here as many others in the same boat eg with cautions and not convictions

I m no expert on cautions as opposed to convictions but do have experience of criminal rehab as just gone through it all for errant husband

I will try to help and find some posts as i think ruby might be one who has gone through a caution situation with her partner

back in a mo if i can find some links for you
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks..

For the purposes of the ACRO certificates I find it to appear badly suited for its purpose of providing immigration officials with information; because if spent convictions/cautions/warnings/whatever are essentially still active, then they're not spent because you must still declare them. If they're truly spent then surely you should be given a no trace certificate and have no worries immigrating, especially with things like warnings and what not... Im no expert, but this sounds like it could be awfully complicated.

John
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

chumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond reputechumley has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...police+caution

try the above link if you cant get it to work let me know

i dont know how to link you to other threads in a simpler way

both tinytears and cancov have posted on cautions

the thread above gives loads of great info on cautions

cautions ust be declared in same way as convictions

happy to help in anyway I can as i have spent months and months and monts pulling hair out over crim rehab but in fact it was simple and all dealt with within 3 months

have a look at my posts and input from many others within my posts for a ton of info on rehab

huge luck
best advice dont delay and do a good job with every detail and all will be fine
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JohnBC
Thanks..

For the purposes of the ACRO certificates I find it to appear badly suited for its purpose of providing immigration officials with information; because if spent convictions/cautions/warnings/whatever are essentially still active, then they're not spent because you must still declare them. If they're truly spent then surely you should be given a no trace certificate and have no worries immigrating, especially with things like warnings and what not... Im no expert, but this sounds like it could be awfully complicated.

John

dont mean this to sound harsh as I help all I can for those with a naughty past but UK law is simply not relevant

its Canada you want to live in and therfore only Canadian law is relevant

Canada can stipulate whatever they like

the good news is Canada do recognise UK spent convictions etc but only CHC can give you the magic piece of paper that you will need to prove this

you cant deem yourself rehab either even if the offence was minor from 20 plus years ago

please have a good read of posts

its not complicated just time consuming

you need to gather and prepare your evidence with great care and dont miss anything out

please dont be put off realising your dream to come to canada all things are possible and can be overcome

just a little bit of time thats all

huge luck
Old Jan 8th 2009, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know exactly what a "for information only" is? where you get it?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/rehabil.asp

all the info is here for you john

and thanks for the pm much appreciated