Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Upgrade to Club Class with Canadian Affair

Upgrade to Club Class with Canadian Affair

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Upgrade to Club Class with Canadian Affair

The thread I found on this topic is closed as it's a few years old.

Has anyone upgraded recently? Is it worth while? Looking at the additional luggage it looks almost worth it (almost 80kg more for 4 of us - well assuming the 5 year old gets the same luggage allowance).

My hubby is 6'4 and my 15 year old daughter and I are both 6' so the extra leg room might be good. I just don't want to waste the money if everyone thinks it's cack
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 10:24 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upgrade to Club Class with Canadian Affair

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen

Has anyone upgraded recently? Is it worth while? Looking at the additional luggage it looks almost worth it (almost 80kg more for 4 of us - well assuming the 5 year old gets the same luggage allowance).

My hubby is 6'4 and my 15 year old daughter and I are both 6' so the extra leg room might be good. I just don't want to waste the money if everyone thinks it's cack
My son flew economy on AT once and thereafter always upgraded. He is 6'3 and said it was definitely worth it.

Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I would always do it if there were seats available.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 11:52 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

You can upgrade to option plus and pay for a bigger seat ... Gives you the 32kg luggage.., priority check in , boarding, wine/ beer on flight .. Not as expensive as club .. Depending on seat chosen could be as roomy as club .and you don't get meals on china and a warm cookie!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 12:18 am
Just Joined

ConstructionGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Another tall person here - found it much more comfortable. And the extra luggage allowance (carry on and hold) is worth it. Plus the free booze - it was offered NON STOP! Food was meh...big portions though. Economy looked pretty cramped, even for shorties!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 12:28 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
You can upgrade to option plus and pay for a bigger seat ... Gives you the 32kg luggage.., priority check in , boarding, wine/ beer on flight .. Not as expensive as club .. Depending on seat chosen could be as roomy as club .and you don't get meals on china and a warm cookie!
I was not aware of that ....

is this available on Air Transat Canada - UK flights & if so what is the premium add-on to a regular priced ticket over buying a club class ticket?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 12:31 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

did a search after my last post. pricing at bottom of page in the link

http://www.airtransat.ca/en/Informat...ageur&tmpl=GEN
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 2:56 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

We went for it for our emigration journey. We figured on the grand scheme of things, the upgrade price was a drop in the ocean.

And it was well worth it imo!

More space, both for legs and for width. Personal service with constant refreshments, and the warm cookies were amazing! lol. First off the plane, first luggage off the plane, extra baggage allowance, blah blah blah, it was great.

Air Transat, and it was on one of the un-updated planes, but still good.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

I'm also tall (6'3) and don't bother upgrading unless I know I need the extra luggage. Air Transat gives you more leg room as standard compared to Air Canada anyway, and it's "only" 9 hours-ish. By the time you've booked two or more seats in both directions, it starts heading towards the less "budget" end of the pricing spectrum, and if I was going to spend the extra money I'd rather spend it flying into Heathrow rather than Gatwick, and getting the extra day or two that Air Canada can offer with the more regular flights.
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:22 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
We went for it for our emigration journey. We figured on the grand scheme of things, the upgrade price was a drop in the ocean.

And it was well worth it imo!

More space, both for legs and for width. Personal service with constant refreshments, and the warm cookies were amazing! lol. First off the plane, first luggage off the plane, extra baggage allowance, blah blah blah, it was great.

Air Transat, and it was on one of the un-updated planes, but still good.
Do you need the extra width?
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bella Cullen

When are you leaving. We upgraded to club class with Canadian affair for our flights leaving Glasgow on January 16th, we deffo think worth it for the baggage alone.

Only thing I would say is don't hesitate because club class fills quickly.

Good Luck with the move
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 1:22 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Just did a bit of research into this... as an FYI if you're booking from the UK to Canada (one-way from UK or return from UK) then you have to call them up to upgrade your booking, cost is £40-45. Awesome find, though, I'll have a flight in Dec or Jan and almost certainly going to do this!
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 1:52 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

No pods/lie flat seats? How do you cope....
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bella! I'm in sheffield too!

I fancied upgrading for a flight to Vancouver with air transat because I do think that AT flits do feel like a 16hr bus ride! But for me the cost was too much. Luckily on the way back I got the exit st and the extra legroom
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Bella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond reputeBella Cullen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Just did a bit of research into this... as an FYI if you're booking from the UK to Canada (one-way from UK or return from UK) then you have to call them up to upgrade your booking, cost is £40-45. Awesome find, though, I'll have a flight in Dec or Jan and almost certainly going to do this!
It'll be March time I'd have thought at the latest.

So would I just book the tickets then call them up to upgrade?

I think we'll more than likely do the upgrade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.