Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Universal Child Tax Benefit

Universal Child Tax Benefit

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:05 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Universal Child Tax Benefit

Does anyone know if the June payment (sent out on 20th June) is for May or for June?

It's confusing me!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Default Re: Universal Child Tax Benefit

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Does anyone know if the June payment (sent out on 20th June) is for May or for June?

It's confusing me!
Hi there,

It's for June.
You should recieve your new assessment/rate soon telling you how much your going to get for the next year as it starts in July.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:28 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi there,

It's for June.
You should recieve your new assessment/rate soon telling you how much your going to get for the next year as it starts in July.
Thanks! I had a payment in May for Jan/Feb - then noticed today it didn't include May so am wondering if they will include that one in Junes...!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Thanks! I had a payment in May for Jan/Feb - then noticed today it didn't include May so am wondering if they will include that one in Junes...!
Thats strange as when they back dated mine I got it all so I was up to date. maybe a phone call is in order.
Have your Sin Number handy, there usually really helpful.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by thedignans
Thats strange as when they back dated mine I got it all so I was up to date. maybe a phone call is in order.
Have your Sin Number handy, there usually really helpful.
Yeah I think I will.

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

Universal Child Tax Benefit is $100 per child up to the age of 6. So I would imagine that the 'new assessment/rate' you refer to is for the Child Benefit (the income based one)!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
Universal Child Tax Benefit is $100 per child up to the age of 6. So I would imagine that the 'new assessment/rate' you refer to is for the Child Benefit (the income based one)!
All this is SO confusing lol. Apparantly you have to wait 30 days from the date you are eligble and THEN you get the payment - which explains why I don't get anything for May....am still waiting for the Child Benefit payments to be sorted...they take so LONG sorting out my nil return! I had (daftly) assumed that as it was a nil return it wouldn't take a mo to sort it out!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to allNicola N-A is a name known to all

know exactly how you feel - I've got the universal sorted, but still waiting for the child benefit. Apparently CRA can't work out that are are 2 forms if you submit 2 years worth of NIL tax returns in the same envelope. Apparently they should be submitted seperately! End result - 'still in process'. Hey ho - at least when it finally get sorted out, it'll be an even nicer cheque
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Nicola N-A
know exactly how you feel - I've got the universal sorted, but still waiting for the child benefit. Apparently CRA can't work out that are are 2 forms if you submit 2 years worth of NIL tax returns in the same envelope. Apparently they should be submitted seperately! End result - 'still in process'. Hey ho - at least when it finally get sorted out, it'll be an even nicer cheque
LOL I did the same thing - two returns in one envelope and this also confused them..how do we process two returns at once...! They also realised part way through that they were supposed to send the 2007 one to the International Tax Office - which also held things up. Am being told 4 weeks today...I don't hold my breath!