UKTV in BC

Old Jan 15th 2015, 5:54 am
BE Enthusiast

nativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to beholdnativenewyorker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: UKTV in BC

Send an email to tvchaosuk.com and ask to become a member (I know they were accepting new members the other day), download Utorrents and then you browse through a virtul TV times and pick your programme. We watch all British TV, it's great!

Last edited by nativenewyorker; Jan 15th 2015 at 5:55 am. Reason: wrong address
Old Jan 15th 2015, 11:30 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Unblock-us is another service. Unblock-Us - smarter faster VPN. Costs $5 a month and you can switch between different regions on netflix as well as accessing Iplayer etc. I've found the website to be pretty helpful in setting up various devices to use it.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 2:08 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

I used free hola as an un-blocker, but with firefox as my browser preference ( over google) I use mediahint as my unblocker & it works fine for me. This allows me to watch all of the iplayers as well as access to other global TV sites

But, generally (without the use of an un-blocker) I use camposat TV (looks like the UK Freeview line up) rather than going through the extensive filmon website. Nothing wrong with filmon, its just I like the quick & easy simple approach

Camposat.Tv

simple & easy

Last edited by not2old; Jan 15th 2015 at 2:35 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

craig_hoxton is an unknown quantity at this point

I use VPN.AC - it's a VPN service that tells the Internet you're in one country when in fact you're in another. I used it on my media streaming device (a Boxee Box) to watch the Top Gear in Argentina Christmas special, BBC's Coast (in Australia) as well as US Netflix (a much better selection than Netflix Canada).

After you sign up, you just download some software and run it on your PC/laptop. If you are using another device - you are given user/password/server details when you sign up.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 4:01 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone recommend any apps for android tv for live streaming tv? Ive dumped the cable and getting my head around XBMC and apps. Filmon is pretty good so far.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Forget DNS and up blockers, just download via airplay if you have an iPad or view online using Filmon.com

It's free and has ALL uk channels live as there broadcast, you can even PVR you get ten hours free a month storage in their server
Old Jan 16th 2015, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

leecyndisanders is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Anyone recommend any apps for android tv for live streaming tv? Ive dumped the cable and getting my head around XBMC and apps. Filmon is pretty good so far.
Sorry i saw your post after I put mine up. Have to agree film on is about the best out there and FREE
Old Jan 16th 2015, 2:11 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leecyndisanders
...film on is about the best out there and FREE
For now.

I assume it was early days for them when Filmon was discussed on BE in 2009. It was free to all. Then I believe there was a sign-up needed but still free.

Then it went subscription only.

It's possible they're doing something similar again now. Entice everyone in and then introduce a charge.

Not expensive as I recall, but then "things" started happening. It would go down a lot. BBC was removed - presumably as it was illegal. Basically it became much less reliable.

But since ITV/BBC is now far more easily accessible than it was back then, even a low subscription rate is less attractive. And the service is still likely illegal so it might start to disappear again. Probably all the different names used help guard against that.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 6:25 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
For now.

I assume it was early days for them when Filmon was discussed on BE in 2009. It was free to all. Then I believe there was a sign-up needed but still free.

Then it went subscription only.

It's possible they're doing something similar again now. Entice everyone in and then introduce a charge.

Not expensive as I recall, but then "things" started happening. It would go down a lot. BBC was removed - presumably as it was illegal. Basically it became much less reliable.

But since ITV/BBC is now far more easily accessible than it was back then, even a low subscription rate is less attractive. And the service is still likely illegal so it might start to disappear again. Probably all the different names used help guard against that.
I think you are psychic.
Just logged into Filmon to find my "recordings" blanked out and a message saying i had gone over the allowed time which was 10 hrs free but now its NOT. Now you have to subscribe to a service to record shows. You can still stream live free which is poop considering the time difference between BC and London. So 3 hrs is $5 and 10 hrs is $9.95 a month
Old Jan 28th 2015, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Is anyone else having problems watching ITV with Hola? It's only letting me watch BBCiPlayer.
Old Jan 28th 2015, 8:26 am
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Hola works here.

I have switched my browser from google to firefox & now use mediahint (free) instead of hola. With mediahint both ITV as well as BBC iplayers both work good

Media Hint - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

My preference is Mediahint over Hola
Old Jan 28th 2015, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by not2old
Hola works here.

I have switched my browser from google to firefox & now use mediahint (free) instead of hola. With mediahint both ITV as well as BBC iplayers both work good

Media Hint - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Thank you :-)
Old Jan 29th 2015, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
I think you are psychic.
Just logged into Filmon to find my "recordings" blanked out and a message saying i had gone over the allowed time which was 10 hrs free but now its NOT. Now you have to subscribe to a service to record shows. You can still stream live free which is poop considering the time difference between BC and London. So 3 hrs is $5 and 10 hrs is $9.95 a month
Same here and this was one of the few things keeping me sane here (only been here since Aug but desperately want to go home). So is it worth coughing up the monthly fee or is there another app/website like it out there, does anyone know ?
Old Jan 29th 2015, 4:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mary louise
Same here and this was one of the few things keeping me sane here (only been here since Aug but desperately want to go home). So is it worth coughing up the monthly fee or is there another app/website like it out there, does anyone know ?
There are tons of options for downloading for later. Primewire, vodly, watchtvseries, watchseries and several variations on each name.

While they all have registration options, they are just that - options. I haven't signed up for a single one and I've not downloaded anything special to be able watch.

You need to find your way around them and familiarise what works best on each site - even the same names sometimes work differently but once that's done it really is a doddle.

You need good internet speed and a download manager helps, although I didn't have one when I started.

Last edited by BristolUK; Jan 29th 2015 at 5:27 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2015, 4:54 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Is anyone else having problems watching ITV with Hola? It's only letting me watch BBCiPlayer.
Originally Posted by not2old

I have Hola kept in reserve but use MediaHint.
MH has never been that good for BBC live but fine for catch up. Lately ITV live that was originally fine is often now misbehaving and seems to rebuffer a lot on catch up. That's when I fall back on Filmon live.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.