Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK RMN WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE PLEASE

UK RMN WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Old May 29th 2013, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Coleen12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK RMN WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE PLEASE

I am a UK qualified psychiatric nurse with a BSc Hons degree. Currently have 17 months community psychiatric nursing, I am looking to move to alberta with my children HOWEVER after liasing with the registered psychiatric nursing college of Alberta and discussing the entry exam i am told i may have to do a bridging exam in order to bridge the gap if i don't have the correct academics from my transcripts.
1) where do i start
2)how long will it take
3)anyone done the bridging course (online) and exam

any tips, advice would be gratefully received

thank you
Old May 29th 2013, 8:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK RMN WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE PLEASE

Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'll move this to the main forum as it's not a visa question as such, and hopefully you'll get some responses there.

But if you do a search of the forums, you'll find lots of info that should get you started.

Best of luck with it.
Old May 29th 2013, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'll move this to the main forum as it's not a visa question as such, and hopefully you'll get some responses there.

But if you do a search of the forums, you'll find lots of info that should get you started.

Best of luck with it.

thank you ( the fact i am new will stand out more now )
Old May 31st 2013, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Colleen
I am not a psych nurse but suggest that you have your transcripts sent off.

1. The CRPN site have a section for international applicants and you should download the International Credential Assessment application package.

http://www.crpna.ab.ca

As to how long it will take I cannot answer that, it depends on how quickly the university and the NMC take to send the info. Also on the amount of assessments that are being looked at at that time. The NMC and the university must send the transcripts, the college will not accept them if they are sent to you and you forward them on. Also from a time persepctive, once you are accepted by the college, then you can apply for employment. I am sure it is the same for international psych nurses,

2. the position must be permanent and more than a 0.84 FTE.
3. Once you have been offered a job,
4. the hospital (int National recruitment) will apply for an LMO,
5. once you have the LMO you will apply for your TWP,
6. You will require a medical - only to be carried out by the Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) and on the instruction of the immigration people.

This is a lot of info, so take it one step at a time

Good luck with your application and hope that it all works out well for you.

MJ

Originally Posted by Coleen12
I am a UK qualified psychiatric nurse with a BSc Hons degree. Currently have 17 months community psychiatric nursing, I am looking to move to alberta with my children HOWEVER after liasing with the registered psychiatric nursing college of Alberta and discussing the entry exam i am told i may have to do a bridging exam in order to bridge the gap if i don't have the correct academics from my transcripts.
1) where do i start
2)how long will it take
3)anyone done the bridging course (online) and exam

any tips, advice would be gratefully received

thank you
Old Jun 1st 2013, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

thank u

Originally Posted by Mad Jockette
Hi Colleen
I am not a psych nurse but suggest that you have your transcripts sent off.

1. The CRPN site have a section for international applicants and you should download the International Credential Assessment application package.

http://www.crpna.ab.ca

As to how long it will take I cannot answer that, it depends on how quickly the university and the NMC take to send the info. Also on the amount of assessments that are being looked at at that time. The NMC and the university must send the transcripts, the college will not accept them if they are sent to you and you forward them on. Also from a time persepctive, once you are accepted by the college, then you can apply for employment. I am sure it is the same for international psych nurses,

2. the position must be permanent and more than a 0.84 FTE.
3. Once you have been offered a job,
4. the hospital (int National recruitment) will apply for an LMO,
5. once you have the LMO you will apply for your TWP,
6. You will require a medical - only to be carried out by the Designated Medical Practitioner (DMP) and on the instruction of the immigration people.

This is a lot of info, so take it one step at a time

Good luck with your application and hope that it all works out well for you.

MJ
Old Jun 2nd 2013, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

You are welcome