Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK passports renewal (while in canada)

UK passports renewal (while in canada)

Old Jun 7th 2022, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

DURHAM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK passports renewal (while in canada)

Originally Posted by DURHAM
Wow, on one hand I got a letter asking for the old passport to be sent by 22 May , otherwise the renewal application will be withdrawn which caused us quite alot of stress. Today my wifes new passport arrived - so pleased and relieved. Sent 8th April, receieved 17th May = around 6 weeks.
Today 7th June, my wifes old British passport arrived.. Now she can renew her PR card which has expired - hope its a quick process
Old Jun 7th 2022, 10:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DURHAM
Today 7th June, my wifes old British passport arrived.. Now she can renew her PR card which has expired - hope its a quick process
We applied last August for PR renewal…still waiting…

Renewing PR Cards
Old Dec 29th 2022, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Nonie50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All
Happy Festive week , happy holidays and merry Christmas 🎄
I am planning to renew my YK passport in Jan. can you share what service you used to send your old uk passport and other supporting documents to the UK?

also has anyone had it delivered to a Condo ? Do you get notifications of delivery ?

thank you in advance .
Old Dec 29th 2022, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Kingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond reputeKingsboy48 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nonie 50, I renewed my UK passport earlier this year (2022). I applied online and submitted my actual Canadian and other documentation using regular Canada Post mail service. I did not bother with express, courier, or tracked services but I've always been a cheapskate. I did get a bit concerned but my new passport turned up eventually and a couple of weeks later was followed by my returned Canadian passport. For the photograph I used the digital service from Shoppers Drug Mart, a little expensive at $30+ but it was easy and I saved on the cheap mail service.
Happy New Year... almost.
Old Dec 29th 2022, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Thank you.
I admire your bravery to send the docs by regular mail, but comforting to know it worked ok.

cheers
nonie
Old Dec 29th 2022, 3:42 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nonie50
Thank you.
I admire your bravery to send the docs by regular mail, but comforting to know it worked ok.

cheers
nonie
You only need to send a copy of your Canadian passport (if you have one), not the original. I entirely forgot to send my US passport, or even a copy, (I prepared the form, photographs, and put everything in an envelope, just needing a cheque and copy of my US passport, then several weeks later, while in the UK, I popped a cheque in the envelope and mailed it ) and still received my new UK passport in the US a couple of weeks later; that was four years ago.
Old Dec 29th 2022, 4:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You only need to send a copy of your Canadian passport (if you have one), not the original. I entirely forgot to send my US passport, or even a copy, (I prepared the form, photographs, and put everything in an envelope, just needing a cheque and copy of my US passport, then several weeks later, while in the UK, I popped a cheque in the envelope and mailed it ) and still received my new UK passport in the US a couple of weeks later; that was four years ago.

Thank you very much. Fingers crossed mine will be as easy too