Reload this Page >

UK passport renewal

UK passport renewal

Old Apr 1st 2015, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

vash2009 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK passport renewal

Hi All,
our son's Uk passport is up for renewal(he is 6 yrs) in 6 months and still PR here. I have researched the UK.GOV website to renew and it says one has to send in the current valid Passpsort. Needless to say I am a bit anxious of not having a passport, as we do go across the border sometimes and still need it and I also don't want to wait till it expires.
Has anyone renewed their kids PP recently ? how long does it take? I called the UK office and the officer said I could send a colour copy of the passport.
Any shared experiences welcome
Vash
Old Apr 1st 2015, 8:33 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport renewal

Originally Posted by vash2009
Hi All,
our son's Uk passport is up for renewal(he is 6 yrs) in 6 months and still PR here. I have researched the UK.GOV website to renew and it says one has to send in the current valid Passpsort. Needless to say I am a bit anxious of not having a passport, as we do go across the border sometimes and still need it and I also don't want to wait till it expires.
Has anyone renewed their kids PP recently ? how long does it take? I called the UK office and the officer said I could send a colour copy of the passport.
Any shared experiences welcome
Vash
Yes. It takes a handful of weeks - exactly how long depends on the workload of the processing centre and whether (and how much) they are backlogged. The horror stories of several months' delay seem to be a thing of the past, though - most reports on this forum indicate 4-5 weeks is about the norm.

Surely you can plan a 6-week window when you won't be popping over the border? Or, if you can send a colour photocopy as suggested, do that - but I haven't seen any reference to that on the official document checklist on gov.uk. I sent the original in. I would certainly be inclined to check that advice with another source.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

The original Canadian passport has to be "cancelled" before the new one is issued.

If you are near a Canadian passport Office, you go in with all your paper work and current passport, then then cut corners off or punch holes in the passport.

This is what I remember happening with the UK passport .........

......... sending in a colour photocopy does not ensure that the passport is cancelled.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 11:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You'll need to send in your son's current British passport in order to have a new one issued. They cannot renew a colour photocopy. Processing times are very prompt at the moment, however I would allow four to six weeks as a precaution. Any time remaining on his current passport up to nine months will be added to his new passport so you won't lose out by renewing it early. Personally if it needs doing I would do it now and avoid getting caught up in the summer rush.
Old Apr 1st 2015, 11:58 pm
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed my UK passport from Canada in Feb. You have to send it to the UK now and you do it online first, then send in the web form and old passport and anything else they need.
Total time from sending the application to receiving the new passport - less than two weeks! Amazingly fast. That was my experience anyway.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

My daughters was really quick too - and hers was going from a children's passport to an adult passport. We sent it expedited through Canada post - and all was sorted within 3 weeks - that was in February.
Old Apr 2nd 2015, 6:08 pm
Forum Regular

Jackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant futureJackandvictor has a brilliant future

Hi
We also renewed two kids passports in February. Received in Durham on a Monday, processed and dispatched three days later! Much quicker than I had anticipated
Old Apr 7th 2015, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

J-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond reputeJ-A-UK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pdarwin
I renewed my UK passport from Canada in Feb. You have to send it to the UK now and you do it online first, then send in the web form and old passport and anything else they need.
Total time from sending the application to receiving the new passport - less than two weeks! Amazingly fast. That was my experience anyway.
Ditto - Applied online in February (paid) - Completed the paperwork - Mailed it to the UK office in UK and got the new passport in under two weeks
Old Apr 7th 2015, 11:25 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Just renewed mine and it took just over 2 weeks too cost $20 to track and mail using Canada Post. I had to included a colour copy of every page in my Canadian passport, along with my expired British passport, 2 unsigned photos and a signed declaration form. Old and new passport arrived back to me separately a few days apart. I am going home next month for a couple of weeks
Old Apr 7th 2015, 11:39 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Just sent 3 off here arrived in UK today, have heard the same as others recently very quick , the online form filling is actually very good and quick and you can track it's progress
Old Apr 8th 2015, 12:21 am
Just Joined

Nagajara12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: UK passport renewal

We renewed ours - sent them to Washington DC & they were processed in 2 weeks.
Old Apr 8th 2015, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Sent from Philippines 12th March, new passport received back 26 March, supporting docs and old passport received 28th March. Seems like approx two weeks is norm at this time.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

I need to renew our British passports (me and my 3 kids). We have temporary work / study visas and are in the express entry system.
Do you need to get a replacement visa when you have a new passport? If so, is there a cost?
I think I can just submit a form to CIC re: change of details re: our EE application, is this correct?
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sliam37
I need to renew our British passports (me and my 3 kids). We have temporary work / study visas and are in the express entry system.
Do you need to get a replacement visa when you have a new passport? If so, is there a cost?
I think I can just submit a form to CIC re: change of details re: our EE application, is this correct?
You won't get new work/study visas just remove them from the passports. You can always send CIC an email notifying them of your new passport details once you get them. On the work/study permits there is a UCI client ID # something like 5678-3456 use that as a reference.
Old May 3rd 2015, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Casacaves is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my sons application 2 weeks ago and the online application has said "Dispatched" since Monday, does it come by regular post or will someone need to sign for it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.