Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK nurse moving to Canada

UK nurse moving to Canada

Old Feb 26th 2022, 1:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK nurse moving to Canada

Originally Posted by Leoni34
Hi can I just ask which agency you used ? I am due to qualify as adult nurse this year looking to go to Canada thanks.
Worth noting that most people don't use any consultant, it's simply not necessary for a straightforward application. If you have complicated circumstances (criminal record, health issues etc) then it can be worth considering though.

Welcome to BE.
Old Feb 26th 2022, 1:34 pm
Just Joined

Leoni34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Worth noting that most people don't use any consultant, it's simply not necessary for a straightforward application. If you have complicated circumstances (criminal record, health issues etc) then it can be worth considering though.

Welcome to BE.
Thank you for the reply. Do you know would it be best to apply to the board of nursing first and then for visa etc. thanks
Old Feb 26th 2022, 1:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the reply. Do you know would it be best to apply to the board of nursing first and then for visa etc. thanks
Depends on the kind of visa. What would you be applying for?
Old Feb 26th 2022, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Depends on the kind of visa. What would you be applying for?
I would be looking at permanent residency
Old Feb 27th 2022, 6:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I would be looking at permanent residency
Via which route? If via EE then what is your CRS score? I’m just trying to establish if you’ll need a job offer from a sponsoring employer first before being eligible for a visa (in which case, nursing side of things first), or if you are eligible to apply for PR without a job offer?
Old Feb 27th 2022, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Via which route? If via EE then what is your CRS score? I’m just trying to establish if you’ll need a job offer from a sponsoring employer first before being eligible for a visa (in which case, nursing side of things first), or if you are eligible to apply for PR without a job offer?
CRS score is 449. I am eligible to apply through skilled worker route.
Old Feb 27th 2022, 3:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

CRS score is 449. I am eligible to apply through skilled worker route.
OK, so a job offer may be needed then. It used to be approx 470 and above for an invite, now that FSW draws have been on hold for over a year I’d expect the points level to be quite a bit higher when they do resume.

Can you get your points up any other way - would more work experience help? Or would you then lose points due to getting older?
Old Feb 27th 2022, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

OK, so a job offer may be needed then. It used to be approx 470 and above for an invite, now that FSW draws have been on hold for over a year I’d expect the points level to be quite a bit higher when they do resume.

Can you get your points up any other way - would more work experience help? Or would you then lose points due to getting older?
I believe more work experience I would lose points due to age.
Old Apr 9th 2022, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Kayceeken is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, after much thought I have decided to go down the NCAS route.

Please anyone here done the NCAS assessment for Registered Psychiatric Nurse and could share resources/tips/experiences?

Thanks
Old May 12th 2022, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

skelator88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello All,

Really hope I can find some answers to my ever increasing question count!

Me and my wife and young baby have just started the process for Federal express skilled worker to go from UK to Canada( My wife is a nurse working in the emergency area)
Facts - Already has Nclex completed and valid. Already has ELTS Academic but due to sit General as certain parts require general. Over 5 years experience working in UK as RN, originally from the Philippines, Ages 34 & 33.

Questions needed for clarification -
The first step is to apply to WES with her educational highest certificate sent directly from her school?
Second step to apply to NNAS with all her other documents?
third step to create express entry profile?
I'm not a nurse my skill set is management, we obviously want to get in Canada as quickly as possible but don't want to delay us starting our professions
when we fill our details in it does say we are eligible for express entry
I also have an assault charge on my criminal record from 11 years ago, it seems this wouldn't cause an issue given how long ago it happened
CRS Score around 450 for both of us combined, Alberta seem to be accepted scores a lot lower?

I see many people on here in a similar situation but they seem to be without the nclex, My wife passed the Nclex already.

any assistance appreciated

thank you

Last edited by skelator88; May 12th 2022 at 1:23 pm.
Old May 12th 2022, 1:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If the assault charge involved a weapon or caused bodily injury and equates to section 267 of the Criminal Code of Canada then you will need to apply for rehabilitation rather than being deemed rehabilitated.
Old May 12th 2022, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by skelator88
The first step is to apply to WES with her educational highest certificate sent directly from her school?
WES, or any other authorised ECA provider (there are several).

Second step to apply to NNAS with all her other documents?
third step to create express entry profile?
Sorry, not a clue about NNAS, personally I'd just apply for EE as soon as you have the ECA and IELTS results, no point in waiting.

I also have an assault charge on my criminal record from 11 years ago, it seems this wouldn't cause an issue given how long ago it happened
See above response from FL, it may be depending on the exact nature of the conviction.

CRS Score around 450 for both of us combined, Alberta seem to be accepted scores a lot lower?
450 won't be enough to be invited for PR under the Federal EE program, so yes, you'll need to look at PNP's. For Alberta you'd ideally have a job offer to be in with a chance of being selected.

I see many people on here in a similar situation but they seem to be without the nclex, My wife passed the Nclex already.
That's because this thread is about the process to become registered to work in Canada as a nurse. Your questions seem to be more visa related, so are best placed in the visas/immigration section of the forum for future ref.

HTH, good luck.
Old May 13th 2022, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If the assault charge involved a weapon or caused bodily injury and equates to section 267 of the Criminal Code of Canada then you will need to apply for rehabilitation rather than being deemed rehabilitated.
Hello

Yes it involved bodily injury, basically a fight foolishness of being young and dumb. On my U.K. police report it states wounding grievous bodily harm which I believe is 268 of the criminal code. The word wound seems to be more serious in Canada.
I served no prison time

regards
Old May 13th 2022, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

WES, or any other authorised ECA provider (there are several).

Sorry, not a clue about NNAS, personally I'd just apply for EE as soon as you have the ECA and IELTS results, no point in waiting.

See above response from FL, it may be depending on the exact nature of the conviction.

450 won't be enough to be invited for PR under the Federal EE program, so yes, you'll need to look at PNP's. For Alberta you'd ideally have a job offer to be in with a chance of being selected.

That's because this thread is about the process to become registered to work in Canada as a nurse. Your questions seem to be more visa related, so are best placed in the visas/immigration section of the forum for future ref.

HTH, good luck.
thank you for your help,

we have gone for WES, NNAS states it’s mandatory requirement for all nurse to create application on NNAS.

with our score being low, so we apply directly to Alberta hospitals once we are in the express pool? Or am I missing a factor

thanks
Old May 13th 2022, 2:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

Yes it involved bodily injury, basically a fight foolishness of being young and dumb. On my U.K. police report it states wounding grievous bodily harm which I believe is 268 of the criminal code. The word wound seems to be more serious in Canada.
I served no prison time

regards
  • 268 (1) Every one commits an aggravated assault who wounds, maims, disfigures or endangers the life of the complainant.
  • Marginal note:Punishment

(2) Every one who commits an aggravated assault is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding fourteen years.
  • Marginal note:

Even though you served no jail time the sentencing portion basically states that you could have been sentenced to jail for 14 years. You will never be deemed rehabilitated.

In all cases, you may only be deemed rehabilitated if the crime committed outside Canada has a maximum prison term of less than 10 years if committed in Canada.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ctions.html#a1

Link to apply for individual rehabilitation

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-activity.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.