Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Uk new arrivals in Vancouver

Uk new arrivals in Vancouver

Old Nov 13th 2011, 6:49 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk new arrivals in Vancouver

Originally Posted by taylor2kay

We have to be close to City square as my partner is working at Steve Nash Fitness World AND has some crazy start times like being there at 4.30am
indeed. This does make a difference because public transit is not going to be a great help getting him to work for 4.30am. You will have to be within cycling distance. Forget North Burnaby in that case.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

shhhh is an unknown quantity at this point

We stayed in a suite in the Coast Hotel in English bay for 3 months after we arrived (so long because we bought a place which took a while to find and go through the buying process). It was a decent place and was fairly reasonably priced if you are staying there for over a month - not all that much more than an appartment rental with the convenience of a hotel and we could extend/end with no notice. As others have pointed out decent rentals move fast, so being flexible is a good thing - our friend who live in a nice English bay appartment just drove around for a bit looking for the vacancy signs and then went straight in.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

taylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the rough

Thanks

Shhhh, I wil look into the hotel for prices but as my partner will be working in City Square, broadway it maybe to far to travel at 4am
But many thanks for info
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

shhhh is an unknown quantity at this point

4am will be a bit tricky on public transport, but easily do-able if he's up for biking it - a very pleasant cycle along the sea-wall round yaletown and over the cambie bridge (or over the burrard bridge, which is a little less scenic but perhaps slightly shorter).
Old Nov 13th 2011, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

taylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the roughtaylor2kay is a jewel in the rough

Thanks, thats sounds great
I will let him know.
Whats your story?
I can't believe it is all about to become a reality..........
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Now in West London, but one day soon in Vancouver.....!
julius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond reputejulius smith has a reputation beyond repute

hi, taylor2kay!

ive sent you a PM today.

Originally Posted by taylor2kay
Hi there,

My partner and I are heading out to Vancouver on the 16th Dec, as he has a job offer and after 17weeks of waiting we finally got he call last week to say we got accepted.
What area are you living?
We are looking for an appartment on Cambie st, close to city square where my partner will be working, do you know of any good places to rent? Else we'll be sleeping on the beach lol.
It's going to be real strange spending xmas wihout any friends or family.
We are also in our mid 30's so it would be cool to share our experiences and of course celebrate.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Catsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glasvegas77
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are in our mid 30's and have been 3 months living in Vancouver after immigrating from Glasgow, Scotland. Would be interested in meeting people in the city who may be in a similar situation or have already settled and are keen to share their experiences.
Cheers

Hi There, we are not in Vancouver yet and will be arriving in January so if you ant to meet up for a beer we would be pleased to say hi. We will be there on or about the 12th jan. We are in our early 50's with 3 beautiful girls 20, 18 and 13, all of who will join us over the following months. We are hoping for a fun filled exciting change to our lives and are really looking forward to it
Old Nov 14th 2011, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Mrs Iain Mc here. We are in our 30s, live on the Westside and have been here for over 4 years now. PM us if you would like to meet up.

Michelle