Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK to Hants County with RDA

UK to Hants County with RDA

Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:45 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Hants County with RDA

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Things work very differently out here in NS...
Does that include spelling - Shame whoever wrote that info cannot spell...

Threw rather than through
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:52 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
Does that include spelling - Shame whoever wrote that info cannot spell...

Threw rather than through
Now I am confused?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 1:37 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Now I am confused?
From the Facebook Page
'This site was designed to help all memebers gain contacts in Nova Scotia! We also help arrange: Mortgages, Info On Vehicles and Finance, Realtors, Insurance, Places to Stay as well info on the area's in Nova Scotia threw our membership.'

Wonder how many members they throw?
Old Oct 5th 2011, 9:27 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aviator
From the Facebook Page
'This site was designed to help all memebers gain contacts in Nova Scotia! We also help arrange: Mortgages, Info On Vehicles and Finance, Realtors, Insurance, Places to Stay as well info on the area's in Nova Scotia threw our membership.'

Wonder how many members they throw?
Oh dear me..lol I have yet to be thrown. I await my turn.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:13 am
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Just a quick comment on how involved the RDA's get - I went through Colchester County and since getting my letter of approval for nomination have not heard a single word from the RDA! This is despite contacting them several times for advice re schooling! I could be living anywhere in Canada as far as they are concerned.

I know it is the immigrants responsibility to get our there and network etc etc but I did expect some level of involvement on the part of the RDA's and the immigration section of the NS government, especially after reading about how much they want to encourage immigration in that part of Canada.

I can only speak for my own experience but I must say that the support given to new immigrants by the people who are employed (and paid) to encourage immigration in NS is not very impressive (in my opinion of course!). Other people may have had different experiences.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Rubie
Just a quick comment on how involved the RDA's get - I went through Colchester County and since getting my letter of approval for nomination have not heard a single word from the RDA! This is despite contacting them several times for advice re schooling! I could be living anywhere in Canada as far as they are concerned.

I know it is the immigrants responsibility to get our there and network etc etc but I did expect some level of involvement on the part of the RDA's and the immigration section of the NS government, especially after reading about how much they want to encourage immigration in that part of Canada.

I can only speak for my own experience but I must say that the support given to new immigrants by the people who are employed (and paid) to encourage immigration in NS is not very impressive (in my opinion of course!). Other people may have had different experiences.
I think alot of people find that - I know some RDA's are really hands on with people once they do receive nomination and move over and some have no more to do with them - which I agree is a shame!
Old Oct 8th 2011, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

we're heading to Kings and have had only positive dealings with the RDA there. She was really helpful in the planning and we met with her on our two recces. After our nomination and after our provincial and federal approval I've sent various emails, every time I get a reply within a day. On all sorts of issues! We're going out to land and we've got another meeting with her scheduled - not for anything specific, just to say we're official She's also given us contacts for our business, realtors and house builders.

No complaints here
Old Oct 8th 2011, 7:48 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by izzi81
we're heading to Kings and have had only positive dealings with the RDA there. She was really helpful in the planning and we met with her on our two recces. After our nomination and after our provincial and federal approval I've sent various emails, every time I get a reply within a day. On all sorts of issues! We're going out to land and we've got another meeting with her scheduled - not for anything specific, just to say we're official She's also given us contacts for our business, realtors and house builders.

No complaints here
That's good then - only wish we had gone through Kings RDA. It may have made a huge difference to how we are now seeing the whole thing. My advice is don't just consider the area and the initial contact with the RDA - also ask what support there will be for you during and after your application for PR. If they want you to come to that area they will be happy to invest the time and effort supporting you.
Old Oct 8th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry it didn't go so well for you Rubie... how are things these days? Feeling any more settled?
Old Oct 11th 2011, 4:25 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

We found something similiar with our RDA, after the nomination not much back. We met when we landed but only because we initiated it. I found through the whole process that often I wouldnt get any response to an email for days and sometimes not at all.

We now live in Hants county which was not the county that sponsored us. We did live there for a few months but could not sustain the cost of the travel to and from Halifax which is where I work. I can say that we like the area we live in and the school my daughter goes to. We are near Elmsdale which seems to have everything we need and feels like its close enough to Halifax to make it possible to work there.
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:11 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howefamily
We found something similiar with our RDA, after the nomination not much back. We met when we landed but only because we initiated it. I found through the whole process that often I wouldnt get any response to an email for days and sometimes not at all.

We now live in Hants county which was not the county that sponsored us. We did live there for a few months but could not sustain the cost of the travel to and from Halifax which is where I work. I can say that we like the area we live in and the school my daughter goes to. We are near Elmsdale which seems to have everything we need and feels like its close enough to Halifax to make it possible to work there.
They sponsored you after not keeping a pre-arranged appointment. Thats pretty good isn't it
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:17 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
They sponsored you after not keeping a pre-arranged appointment. Thats pretty good isn't it
blimey !
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:43 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm do the RDA not read these things - or what about irate wanna be immgrants that may point them in this direction . . . .its not something I would want to brag about on the a public forum
Old Oct 11th 2011, 11:53 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
hmmm do the RDA not read these things - or what about irate wanna be immgrants that may point them in this direction . . . .its not something I would want to brag about on the a public forum
I agree with Caz, people tend to forget that immigration is a priviledge and not a right as such. You don't get pressganged to come here and there are some on not just this board, ut other forums too that really should do well to remember that whilst there are a few bad apples in every basket - in general CIC / RDA and whatever other acronyms you can come up with do their absolute best to aid and assist.

I get really annoyed with the amount of slagging off the staff of immigration get. Overworked, probably underpaid and definately unappreciated.
Old Oct 12th 2011, 1:57 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
thats not what happened at all, what do you mean?
We kept all our appointments, arrived here and lived in that county for a few months trying to find jobs in that area and a home to live in. Unfortunately we couldnt find them there. We were lucky to find the jobs we have now, we couldnt afford to live far away from them, thats all that happened. We now live in a county that shares the same healthcare etc, so there is some connection.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.