Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Graduate looking to work in Canada.

UK Graduate looking to work in Canada.

Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:40 am
Just Joined

Tehseen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Graduate looking to work in Canada.

Hi! I am new to this site so i guess a good start would be an quick intro...

I am a UK resident, and a fairly recent graduate. I completed my MSc In Management in December 2005, and since then have pretty much been involved in helping with a small family business. Now looking to start a career in line with my studies.

My reason for joining british expats..well i am looking to work temporarily for 6 months/ 1 yr in canada. The experience of working abroad would be brilliant, and more feasible at the beginning of my career . Having visited canada recently I loved it!

From my understanding in order to do this, I will need to get a temporary work permit based on a offer of employment. As many of you may be aware, its often said that finding your first job is said to be the hardest..Finding graduate employment is hard enough in the UK..and im desperately in need of advice of how realistic my aim is, and what the best approch to finding employment in Canada while in UK and how long i could expect this to take. In particular I am looking around Ottawa area .
Old Mar 19th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Graduate looking to work in Canada.

You could look into BUNAC visas, though they only issue a limited number and they go fast. That allows you to take a one-year working holiday in Canada if you're under 35 or so... you can then just fly over and look for a job, you don't need to find one before you go.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

I second what he said,

BUNAC would be the easiest way, and then frees you up to go wherever you choose, and take any jobs.

Good luck.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 8:35 am
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a working holiday visa.

http://www.trailcanada.com/travel/pl...ng-holiday.asp

http://www.whpcanada.org.au/

I was back in Canada last Christmas and met loads of working holiday makers in Alberta who had been able to extend thier stay.

If I were you I would get the WHV and then head straight to Alberta and start looking for a job there. It's likely that you'll be able to find a good job and an employer who would be willing to sponsor you. There is a skills shortage there at the moment.
Old Mar 19th 2007, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

jood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant future

This link might help

www.cic.gc.ca