Reload this Page >

UK Dental Nurse looking to Emigrate to Vancouver

UK Dental Nurse looking to Emigrate to Vancouver

Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

Declans1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Dental Nurse looking to Emigrate to Vancouver

Hello expats community,

My name is Declan and I plan on emigrating to Vancouver in the next few years on a 2 year work permit.

Im wondering if anyone has gone through the process of being a dental nurse here in the UK and applying for education or work in Canada.

I have seen seen a few posts on here but they are quite old and would like to know if there has been a recent case of someone going through the process.

As as far as I’m aware, I would need to evaluated by the NDAEB and if my qualification isn’t up to standards then I could be offered an upgrade course.

Im currently qualified by the NEBDN with a national diploma.

I would appreciate any any help whatsoever.

Kind regards,

Declan Stephens.
Old Oct 17th 2018, 3:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Dental Nurse looking to Emigrate to Vancouver

Originally Posted by Declans1991
Hello expats community,

My name is Declan and I plan on emigrating to Vancouver in the next few years on a 2 year work permit.

Im wondering if anyone has gone through the process of being a dental nurse here in the UK and applying for education or work in Canada.

I have seen seen a few posts on here but they are quite old and would like to know if there has been a recent case of someone going through the process.

As as far as I’m aware, I would need to evaluated by the NDAEB and if my qualification isn’t up to standards then I could be offered an upgrade course.

Im currently qualified by the NEBDN with a national diploma.

I would appreciate any any help whatsoever.

Kind regards,

Declan Stephens.

Hello and welcome to BE!

You wouldn't be emigrating if you have a 2 year Open Work Permit from an IEC (International Experience Canada) - that's just a temporary work permit. However, you may be able to use that work experience in Canada to obtain more points for an Express Entry Application for Permanent Residency, in the hope you get invited.

If your question is mainly about being able to work as a dental assistant, we can move your thread to the main Canada forum as this one is just for Immigration and Citizenship.

Firstly you will need to check with the Provincial Governing body for Dental Assistants for British Columbia (if you wish to locate to Vancouver), to see what you will need to do to get registered / certified in BC as it's a Regulated profession.

You can read how to get your qualification assessed here - there's a link to the pdf for applying with full details of what you will need to provide and what you need to have done beforehand.

https://www.cdsbc.org/registration-r...nother-country
Old Oct 17th 2018, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

Declans1991 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Dental Nurse looking to Emigrate to Vancouver

Hello Siouxie,

Sorry about the incorrect posting. I would be grateful if you could move this post to the correct part of the forum.

I appreciate the link link you provided, I will give this a look into and attempt to progress from there.

Kind regards,

Declan Stephens.