Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK Covid PCR Departure Test

Wikiposts

UK Covid PCR Departure Test

Old Jun 29th 2021, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Covid PCR Departure Test

Looking for recommendations for Departure PCR test.
I have found Boots do one where you buy the test kit in store, take it home do the test and then post the sample off. They then email the pass result for you to show at the airport. In theory the you would get the result the day after posting but I am a little nervous in that as the test has to be taken within 72 hours of departure this would leave no time to sort things out if say the sample was unacceptable for any reason or went missing or was delayed in the post.
Old Jun 29th 2021, 4:21 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Covid PCR Departure Test

Which part of the country are you living in and which airport will you depart from?
Old Jun 29th 2021, 5:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Revin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond reputeRevin Kevin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Which part of the country are you living in and which airport will you depart from?
Sorry we are in the UK and will leave from LHR.

Since my post I have found an in person service available an hour away. It's double the price of the Boots postal test but it removes the risk of postal failure. UK post is normally excellent but sods law and all that! This outfit guarantee a result within 24 hrs or your money back, the company is called Vivo and this is their link.
Has anyone used them?

https://booking.vivoclinic.com/tests/
Old Jun 29th 2021, 11:19 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin
Sorry we are in the UK and will leave from LHR.

Since my post I have found an in person service available an hour away. It's double the price of the Boots postal test but it removes the risk of postal failure. UK post is normally excellent but sods law and all that! This outfit guarantee a result within 24 hrs or your money back, the company is called Vivo and this is their link.
Has anyone used them?

https://booking.vivoclinic.com/tests/
https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp.../covid-19-test
£35-£59
select 'departure'

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 29th 2021 at 11:22 am.
Old Jul 1st 2021, 11:11 am
Just Joined

dejavus is an unknown quantity at this point

£35-£59
select 'departure'
As convenient as this option is, it will be assumed one will pass the test to have to take it at the point of departure, with having to fill in arrive can before departure this will be leaving it to the very last minute.

Old Jul 1st 2021, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks but if you want a PCR it's a 48 or 24 hour turnaround. Walk up tests with a fast result are available but not the PCR type. I think I'll go with Vivo that way I will be at home when I get the result around 24 hours prior to departure so if the worst was to happen and I had to cancel I would have more of a chance to hopefully salvage something of the trip costs.