British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Uk-Canada Flights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/uk-canada-flights-196053/)

ClioDynamique Dec 10th 2003 10:09 am

Uk-Canada Flights

If you have flown from the UK to Canada in the last year or so, it would be very intersting to know how much you paid and with which carrier?

Looking at the online flight booking websites the prices don't differ an awful lot between the east & west coast.

British Airways are currently doing Heathrow-Toronto for £399 return, which seems good. Continental are offering Gatwick-Calgary (via Houston) for £440.

CD

CJ6680 Dec 10th 2003 12:43 pm

we went gatwick to toronto three weeks ago with air transat and cost 135pounds per person.

Mr Lee Dec 10th 2003 1:59 pm

Gah!! :eek:

We've just booked for May 2004 with Transat, Manchester-Toronto return, £210. It goes via Gatwick, which is probably why it's a bit more expensive. :rolleyes:

When we were fishing around on the web earlier this year, the cheapest flights to the West (Calgary, Vancouver, etc), from Manchester anyway, were via Chicago with American Airlines. I seem to recall some were around the £300 mark, but you've got to be prepared to spend a few hours at Chicago O'Hare waiting for your connection.

Jeffy G Dec 12th 2003 10:25 am

Re: Uk-Canada Flights

My girlfriend and i flew from Gatwick to Toronto (via Montreal) for £400 return each! That was with Air Transat and in August! U can find cheaper flights than BA. Try www.airline-network.co.uk flights are being advertised for £230!!
Enjoy Canada its amazing! I'm immigrating there soon!!

gooding Dec 12th 2003 1:34 pm

Re: Uk-Canada Flights

We flew for £199 return to Vancouver with Canadian Affair
www.canadianaffair.com

great flight and cheap seats, especailly if you are prepared to be flexible.

buckcpb Dec 15th 2003 9:04 pm

Thomas Cook in the UK are doing return to Montreal for 199 pounds at the moment

Regards

ray1968 Dec 16th 2003 12:44 am

zoom airways will soon start offering services

www.flyzoom.com

ACL Dec 16th 2003 7:41 pm

And from May when you book your flights through Canadian Affair you have seats with extra leg room at no extra costs......

Their prices are very reasonable in comparison with booking through High St travel agencys

ClareBC Dec 17th 2003 4:29 am

Originally posted by ACL
And from May when you book your flights through Canadian Affair you have seats with extra leg room at no extra costs......

Their prices are very reasonable in comparison with booking through High St travel agencys

I booked with Canadian Affair, I was especially "amused" when Thomas Cook offered me EXACTLY the same flight for just under 100% more! :eek:

Clare