Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

UK to Canada calls

Wikiposts

UK to Canada calls

Old May 10th 2011, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK to Canada calls

With virgin media, it now cost £1.75 per month and then 3.06p per minute to Canada, etc.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/ta...rnational.html
Old May 10th 2011, 7:08 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britsnake
With virgin media, it now cost £1.75 per month and then 3.06p per minute to Canada, etc.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/phone/ta...rnational.html
Aaah. Cheers for the updated version

If i were the OP, i'd just buy a phone card from the Post Office since it's only potentially going to be used intermittently and for the short term.
Old May 10th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for the update on Virgin Media.

I'd prefer to use a landline quality. Then again, who knows if Virgin or BT are just using VOIP behind the scenes

Cheers

Chris
Old May 12th 2011, 9:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133 scrubbedexpat133

We used discount dial - 1/2 a penny per min anytime unlimited (from BT landline)

dial 0844 200 9090 wait for the woman to start talking - ignore it and dial 001 area code then number
Old May 12th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alex2201
We used discount dial - 1/2 a penny per min anytime unlimited (from BT landline)

dial 0844 200 9090 wait for the woman to start talking - ignore it and dial 001 area code then number
Thanks Alex,

I'll look into that one too, although 0844 numbers are priced differently by Virgin Media. Last one a looked at was 1p per min on a BT land line, but 5.1p per min on virgin media. Also VM change 12.4p connection fee on any call that isn't in your inclusive package (i.e. a charged call).

Cheers

Chris
Old May 13th 2011, 6:21 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

I use VOIP every single day to talk to people in the UK, much better than the phone signal at least to landlines. Various of ways of doing it, Skype is one, I quite like the "call contact" option in Microsoft Messenger, but that one requires a PC at the other end set up correctly.

I have to admit VOIP can be crappy to cellphones.