Reload this Page >

TWP at Port Of Entry info please x

Wikiposts

TWP at Port Of Entry info please x

Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

franfluff is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TWP at Port Of Entry info please x

Hi my hubbys just had his LMO approved (on previous post haha) so we want to apply for the TWP visa, now i was going to send the paperwork of etc but a few people have said that its pretty easy to get the TWP on POE, so are these still exactly the same documents as if you were to send them off? They also wanted a bankers draft fee of £100 or $150 include with all the correct documents so will i still need that too or will it be a higher fee etc?? Also how long does it take to process at the other end after you land as i will have a toddler and a dog flying along with myself and husband!!! Any info on this greatly received! I already have all the documents ready and filled out etc to be sent off in the next 3 weeks (when my passport and police check come back, had to renew the passport as they require more that a year left on it grrr ) thanks in advance already lovely people xxx
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:17 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TWP at Port Of Entry info please x

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/TWP_:_...o_apply-Canada

HTH.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 11:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Send a PM to FormerLancastrian. If Winnipeg is your POE as it was for us then there is a fair chance he will be processing you.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
so how do i know if we would need a medical examination? Sorry to sounds stupid??? x
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC44
Send a PM to FormerLancastrian. If Winnipeg is your POE as it was for us then there is a fair chance he will be processing you.
yes well we will be landing in Winnipeg so i assume that would be the same as you! So when you say send a pm to FormerLancastrian (how do i go about doing this, web address/link??) do i just explain my situation and ask them what is required exactly? x
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

He initiated a thread further down this page, something to do with Porter Airlines. Click on his name and a new page will open within you will find the option to send him a PM. Ask away. When it comes to entry to Canada he knows whats what.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GC44
He initiated a thread further down this page, something to do with Porter Airlines. Click on his name and a new page will open within you will find the option to send him a PM. Ask away. When it comes to entry to Canada he knows whats what.
ok ill have a look now, cheers!!! Let me know if you would like something bringing over from the UK, youve been a great help, cheers x
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

You would need a medical if you were to work with children or in the medical sector for example and then it is not possible to get the TWP at POE. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. We got ours at POE, just paid the fee I think $150, showed a copie of the LMO and the job offer and I think that was it.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

Well my hubbys a truckdriver so he wont need one then GREAT! (nothing to worry about mind as he is very healthy anyway, we all are!) Well it all sounds straight forward this way then... I think we shall go for it, what is one more risk in life hey, you only live once So i already have a bankers draft made out to the Receiver General For Canada, could i pay it with that or should i ask the bank to swap it back again? (this was for the way via post) x
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

ps do we need passport photos etc too??? coz they want 2 each via post application? x
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

ninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond reputeninaDGBCA has a reputation beyond repute

OH paid cash or credit card I think. Sorry that was 2010 and after 3 kids my brain is working only partially According to the WIKI it says:

"Each family member must bring the following documents to the POE:

passport
two photos
means of paying the fees
copy of your valid work permit (only if you have one already and just go to renew, does not apply in your case)
copy of your LMO (not required but nice to have) OH was asked to show it
evidence that you work in Canada (letter from employer and a few payslips) or work contract

Although I can't recall needing photos but maybe that changed in the last 3 years.

Just tell the CBSA officer that you are applying for a work permit and you will be directed to the Immigration office.

Make sure you are carrying any paperwork in your hand luggage rather than checked baggage.

Last edited by ninaDGBCA; Apr 10th 2013 at 1:27 am.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA
OH paid cash or credit card I think. Sorry that was 2010 and after 3 kids my brain is working only partially According to the WIKI it says:

"Each family member must bring the following documents to the POE:

passport
two photos
means of paying the fees
copy of your valid work permit (only if you have one already and just go to renew, does not apply in your case)
copy of your LMO (not required but nice to have) OH was asked to show it
evidence that you work in Canada (letter from employer and a few payslips) or work contract

Although I can't recall needing photos but maybe that changed in the last 3 years.

Just tell the CBSA officer that you are applying for a work permit and you will be directed to the Immigration office.

Make sure you are carrying any paperwork in your hand luggage rather than checked baggage.
Thank you very much for all the info!!! I think we shall go for it if its that simple
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Just to chime in a little.

Your port of entry based upon me reading another thread will be Toronto.

Remember that you POE is the first City/Town you enter within Canada I.E. to make Winnipeg your POE you have to come from an international destination. If you fly through Canada then your POE is whichever airport you land in first, so remember to leave a substantial gap between flight as this process can take a while.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

mind the goods to follow list..
Old Apr 10th 2013, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesmc
mind the goods to follow list..
???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.