Reload this Page >

TV wire things.....

TV wire things.....

Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

siw1978 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TV wire things.....

Right, here goes.

I know that it is very difficult to take your tele and make it work due to the voltage but what about something that works using batteries and only uses those red, yellow and white plugs that literally just use your tele to provide a picture, not as a power source. (eg camcorder/v-tech etc). Will they work on Canadian teles?

Clear as mud??

Ta
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: TV wire things.....

If I remember correctly you can still have a PAL/NTSC issue with such devices (the wires are red and whit for audio, yellow for video) but TV may well be able to process both PAL/NTSC.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:05 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

You will have a hard time feeding a PAL format UK video camera signal into a locally bought NTSC format TV If thats what you are asking....

The cable are the same for sure, but the frame rate and number of lines of the signal is different.

Most UK Tvs will recognise an NTSC signal and switch over, but its far from normal for a north american TV to recognise a PAL signal Im afraid.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

siw1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies! Won't buy the kids them for Christmas then.....
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to beholdSolarfish is a splendid one to behold

Probably get them cheaper here anyway.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

happy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud ofhappy hatter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by siw1978
Thanks for the replies! Won't buy the kids them for Christmas then.....

Don't buy a Camcorder in UK, they won't work and they are cheaper over here.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:45 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy hatter
We hook up our UK camcorder to our computer where we can edit and burn a DVD from. It plays back fine on a N.American TV.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:51 am
Corn Nibbler

cornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud ofcornmatthew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iaink
You will have a hard time feeding a PAL format UK video camera signal into a locally bought NTSC format TV If thats what you are asking....

The cable are the same for sure, but the frame rate and number of lines of the signal is different.

Most UK Tvs will recognise an NTSC signal and switch over, but its far from normal for a north american TV to recognise a PAL signal Im afraid.
That's certainly true of old-style CRTs.

You might have more luck with a flat panel HD or HD-ready TV, seeing as those have to convert the signal anyway. My cheap and cheerful ViewSonic LCD handles PAL signals just fine.

I'm not sure how common PAL compatibility is, but it's certainly available if it matters to you.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy hatter
Unless it's PAL/NTSC switchable . But they would still be cheaper here than in the UK...