On TV Tonight

Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold
Default On TV Tonight

On the news this evening there was a little blurb from the Immigration minister, Judy Sgros. She was going on about immigration and how we needed it in Canada to fill much needed occupations. Well perhaps we should all send her an email and tell her what it is actually like to imiigrate. Tell her the problems you are all encountering. If they cut out some of the bull perhaps we could have more Drs. and nurses and medical staff that would be interested in coming here. If they don't do something soon I doubt they will fill any void that we our selves have created.
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:56 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: On TV Tonight

Originally Posted by Corky
On the news this evening there was a little blurb from the Immigration minister, Judy Sgros. She was going on about immigration and how we needed it in Canada to fill much needed occupations. Well perhaps we should all send her an email and tell her what it is actually like to imiigrate. Tell her the problems you are all encountering. If they cut out some of the bull perhaps we could have more Drs. and nurses and medical staff that would be interested in coming here. If they don't do something soon I doubt they will fill any void that we our selves have created.
Our letter has already been sent.

Out of all the people it was sent to, guess who was the only one who did not respond in any way???????
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukjo is on a distinguished road

I thought about contacting the likes of someone like that about my PR as we still havent heard anything but I am worried I might shoot myself in the foot if I start fighting about it. As it is have contacted our MP friend in Ontario who has actually gone straight to the immigration office and explained our predicament and they have so say moved us to the top of the pile. Whether or not they have is another story but I have 3 weeks until I go to the Uk and it might not be here by then!
Old Oct 30th 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Heck I am STILL waiting for my PR card and that was april I applied for that....I had thought of asking them to refund my money now as I don't really need it anymore.

Lifty perhaps you could give some of the email addys that you used to send all these letters to...I am willing to add my 2 cents worth.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 1:32 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by liftman
Our letter has already been sent.

Out of all the people it was sent to, guess who was the only one who did not respond in any way???????
One reason you didn't get a reply may be that the federal minister responsible for immigration is basically at a loss to do very much about your situation. It's like I have been saying, licensing for the professions and occupations is strictly under provincial jurisdiction. Plus, she's heard complains - like yours - a thousand times before.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 2:06 am
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by oceanMDX
One reason you didn't get a reply may be that the federal minister responsible for immigration is basically at a loss to do very much about your situation. It's like I have been saying, licensing for the professions and occupations is strictly under provincial jurisdiction. Plus, she's heard complains - like yours - a thousand times before.
Only a thousand??

Essentially Canadian professionals are protecting thier jobs ... it's all about lobbying ... you can't blame them, it's the natural thing to do ... but it sucks for new immigrants who've been fed the line that "Canada needs your skills".

My medical insurance will pay for a licensed naturopath, but it won't pay for a licensed dietician ... the explanation I was given by my dietician was that the naturopaths had a more powerful lobby.

Old Oct 31st 2004, 3:22 am
mañana is my busiest day

oceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to beholdoceanMDX is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Only a thousand??
The minister has only been on the job a few weeks.

Essentially Canadian professionals are protecting thier jobs ... it's all about lobbying ... you can't blame them, it's the natural thing to do ... but it sucks for new immigrants who've been fed the line that "Canada needs your skills".
Agreed.

My medical insurance will pay for a licensed naturopath, but it won't pay for a licensed dietician ... the explanation I was given by my dietician was that the naturopaths had a more powerful lobby.
That has to be the reason.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:41 am
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
... the explanation I was given by my dietician was that the naturopaths had a more powerful lobby.
He who shouts the loudest is heard the most.

Thats why we are shouting!
Old Oct 31st 2004, 4:00 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by liftman
He who shouts the loudest is heard the most.

Thats why we are shouting!
Being the "squeaky wheel" in Canada certainly gets you more attention.