Reload this Page >

Trying to register as a UK Nurse in BC through NNAS during COVID-19

Trying to register as a UK Nurse in BC through NNAS during COVID-19

Old Jan 13th 2021, 11:36 pm
Just Joined

NurseZeus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trying to register as a UK Nurse in BC through NNAS during COVID-19

Hi folks,

I’ve read through a lot of the Nurse in Canada threads but have some specific issues I was hoping I could get some help with.

I’m a Registered Adult Nurse with the NMC, studied in London UK. I have a post graduate diploma in adult nursing and a post graduate certificate in advanced nursing practice leading to me working as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. I also have an Msc in another field and an undergraduate degree in another field.

I am in Canada and awaiting PR as my wife is Canadian. We applied for PR and open work permit in September 2020 and still waiting for both. So I’m in no need of visa advice. I have contacted a lot of hospitals out here and there’s been positive feedback on my cv and experience, they all say the same which is that they can’t move forward without the work permit and registration.

I contacts both BCCNM and NNAS about starting the process but my university in London is closed due to COVID and have no admin staff in the office. This means they are only able to send electronic copies of my certificate and transcript etc. Both NNAS and BCCNM said they won’t script anything electronic. Has anyone else tried to do this process in the last 6 months and overcome this issue? Also, the NMC in the UK also say they no longer send paper copied off confirmation of registration and only send electronic confirmation directly to the reviewing body, however in the NNAS website it’s also states the confirmation must be a hard copy. Anyone else comes across this?

It’s a mega nightmare as I’ve spray been here 6 months securing bids and unemployed and can’t imagine a long free year road to registration here.

Help needed!
Old Mar 30th 2021, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

Starshine 909 is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you end up sorting it out? I I'm having the same NMC hard copy issue

please can anyone update me on what to do here, this is so stressful

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 30th 2021 at 3:12 pm. Reason: Merged posts
Old Mar 30th 2021, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Trying to register as a UK Nurse in BC through NNAS during COVID-19

Hey - Yeah very stressful. So the NMC part is really straightforward, you don't need a hard copy, they have an agreement with Canada (NNAS) that it is done via the online portal. So when you log on to NMC to pay for your confirmation of registration they ask who to send it to and they know to do it via NNAS online portal. I've now done that bit and all of my universities signed up for the online portal too so they could send my transcripts etc. I'm just waiting on an employer verification that all has to be done on paper and mailed. So I'm about 95% of the way done in terms of forms being sent to NNAS. No one knows how long it will take to actually assess my application though, it's a waiting game. If you need any help just give me a shout.
Old Jan 23rd 2022, 4:38 pm
LCK
Just Joined

LCK is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Trying to register as a UK Nurse in BC through NNAS during COVID-19

Hi, thank you for this this thread.
Did you have to pay for your university to do the online transcript?
Also did you have to pay for the NMC?
Also, i wonder why NNAS doesn't let you know that this option exists.

TIA.
Old Jan 23rd 2022, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Yes you have to pay for NMC to confirm your registration and yea you also have to pay for universities to produce transcripts because when you graduate it’s sent to you for free once but most places only accept electronic or paper copies directly from the university to ensure they’re not fake. I think I ended up paying about £100 for all the stuff I needed from both universities.

anyway good luck. Took me 18 months to get assessed and just had my report given to the BC Nurses college and application accepted. So just have a long road ahead to sit nclex exam. Have asked myself many times why I’m doing this, would be easier to have just done a degree program out here but hey ho.
Old Apr 2nd 2022, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

London nurse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!
I've also completed PGdip in adult nursing in london, BaHons in another area and completed level 7 ITU course - did you have to do any extra learning for paeds/obstetrics/mental health or are you eligible to go straight to NCLEX? Do they seem to consider your work experience in the application?

I'm in the middle of sending off all NNAS documents but just wondering/looking for stories of success from other adult branch nurses from the UK - I'd really appreciate any extra info on your experience with BC!
Old Jun 15th 2022, 3:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gkcheema
helllo,

How is it going for you? I am also in the process of trying to gather the documents and then apply to NNAS? I went to KCL- how did you get your uni to fill out the form for you?
Hi, welcome to BE.

It would be helpful if you could use the 'quote' button please, so that people know who you're responding to or asking questions of.

Thanks and good luck with it.
Old Jun 15th 2022, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

gkcheema is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by London nurse
Hi there!
I've also completed PGdip in adult nursing in london, BaHons in another area and completed level 7 ITU course - did you have to do any extra learning for paeds/obstetrics/mental health or are you eligible to go straight to NCLEX? Do they seem to consider your work experience in the application?

I'm in the middle of sending off all NNAS documents but just wondering/looking for stories of success from other adult branch nurses from the UK - I'd really appreciate any extra info on your experience with BC!
helllo,

How is it going for you? I am also in the process of trying to gather the documents and then apply to NNAS? I went to KCL- how did you get your uni to fill out the form for you?

Originally Posted by NurseZeus
Yes you have to pay for NMC to confirm your registration and yea you also have to pay for universities to produce transcripts because when you graduate it’s sent to you for free once but most places only accept electronic or paper copies directly from the university to ensure they’re not fake. I think I ended up paying about £100 for all the stuff I needed from both universities.

anyway good luck. Took me 18 months to get assessed and just had my report given to the BC Nurses college and application accepted. So just have a long road ahead to sit nclex exam. Have asked myself many times why I’m doing this, would be easier to have just done a degree program out here but hey ho.
hello,
So happy for you.
Who did you contact in your university to send the transcripts and fill the form?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 7th 2022 at 2:58 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2022, 3:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gkcheema
hello,
So happy for you.
Who did you contact in your university to send the transcripts and fill the form?
Thank you. Just as an aside, some of the people on this thread posted quite a while ago, for instance 'NurseZeus' hasn't been on the forum for over 6 months and 'London nurse' hasn't been back since April, so they may not see your question.

Hopefully somebody will be able to help though, if not then do feel free to start your own thread with any questions.
Old Jul 20th 2022, 9:23 pm
Just Joined

aftabahmed112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm trying to go Through NNAS for Alberta. Edmonton. and Also preparing for PR. so I have asked University to send Transcript to WES (the university Charged £10 and usual WES fee) . next phase will send all documents from the University training to NNAS. and work.

I'm a newly qualified, MSCi Dual Registered, Adult and mental health from Oxford Brookes Going to start in A&E in London from next week. I know I'm newly qualified but I would still give it a shot. from both sides, NNAS and provincial Nominee.

Stay in contact.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 4:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by aftabahmed112
Hi, I'm trying to go Through NNAS for Alberta. Edmonton. and Also preparing for PR. so I have asked University to send Transcript to WES (the university Charged £10 and usual WES fee) . next phase will send all documents from the University training to NNAS. and work.

I'm a newly qualified, MSCi Dual Registered, Adult and mental health from Oxford Brookes Going to start in A&E in London from next week. I know I'm newly qualified but I would still give it a shot. from both sides, NNAS and provincial Nominee.

Stay in contact.
When you say 'newly qualified', how recently? You'll need at least year of full-time work experience as a nurse to qualify for PR via that route.