Reload this Page >

Trying to be Positive!

Trying to be Positive!

Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:40 pm
Just Joined

mandy01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Trying to be Positive!

Hi everybody,
I have spent the last couple of months reading and reading the Wiki, which I have found very informative. However, I need to have some advice from peoples experiences.
My husband works within the metal tube & pipe industry, predominatly automotive manufacturing in Sales. We have sent his resume off to a number of companies, even phoned, problem being we get no response back! Is this the norm? No call backs from messages left

We are trying so hard to be positive but we are feeling that immigrating is just not going to happen

Whilsts we are trying to get OH a job, should we be applying for any permits whilst we are doing this or do we just keep trying?

We are looking in the Alberta area.

Thanks for any help given
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:43 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trying to be Positive!

Originally Posted by mandy01
Hi everybody,
I have spent the last couple of months reading and reading the Wiki, which I have found very informative. However, I need to have some advice from peoples experiences.
My husband works within the metal tube & pipe industry, predominatly automotive manufacturing in Sales. We have sent his resume off to a number of companies, even phoned, problem being we get no response back! Is this the norm? No call backs from messages left

We are trying so hard to be positive but we are feeling that immigrating is just not going to happen

Whilsts we are trying to get OH a job, should we be applying for any permits whilst we are doing this or do we just keep trying?

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...Hunting-Canada
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:51 pm
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

My husband works within the metal tube & pipe industry, predominatly automotive manufacturing in Sales. We have sent his resume off to a number of companies, even phoned, problem being we get no response back! Is this the norm?
Unfortunately, yes, it is.

Persevere, young Jedi, or see your dreams wither and die.

R.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 4:00 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everybody,

Hi there, stay positive and it will happen, unfortunately it is normal for people to not get back to you it always happens!! You must keep trying and don't give up and you will be rewarded int he end. We just moved over 6 weeks ago we are in NS and before we came my OH made probably 15 phone calls to one company before he got anywhere, but it paid off in the end we are here, it took 15 weeks of real blood sweat and tears to get here that quick, but we did and all the hard work paid off!! We were lucky I know, but it will happen keep focused!!!!!
Bellanova
x