Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Trying to open a bank account - now !

Trying to open a bank account - now !

Old Dec 27th 2006, 3:35 pm
smokes, let's go

Tidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really niceTidge is just really nice
Default Re: Trying to open a bank account - now !

Originally Posted by jempee
Didnt change our address as we were not sure if we could still keep bank account in we were not in uk. They said that they would attach a note to our account to say that we are using card in canada as we are in canada!
Husbands barclaycard was declined though (on internet for flights to uk from canada) husband called them and they said it was security reasons. Husband answereed a few questions and card is back up and running.
Strange, I have a Barclaycard and have used it for loads of purchases here (i.e. TV, furniture etc) Not once have they declined it or even questioned why my card is getting so much use in Canada! So much for security...