Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Truro nova scotia

Truro nova scotia

Old Oct 29th 2020, 10:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truro nova scotia

Originally Posted by Natsufc
Thanks for your help and advise everyone. Lots to look into. I ditched the lawyer as I realised he was a fake, 3500 pounds down I'm going to do it myself. I've found a ielts test centre I can fly too once covid has calmed down, but obviously no one knows when that will be so it might be a long wait. Plenty of time to revise though. I've been in touch with the Nova scotia immigration and they have emailed me lots of good advice, i also have someone im Truro who knows people who might be able to offer me employment im the future. Depending on the covid situation im going to try and come to Truro next year for a couple of weeks to check the place out for myself and see if my son would be happy living there. I have looked into Halifax/Dartmouth but I want somewhere a bit less populated with a real community spirit. Thanks again guys
If you paid him for a service that wasn't performed or completed you may have the right to a refund, particularly as he clearly doesn't have a clue about the EE system!
You can also make a formal complaint. We recommend that if anyone is considering using an Immigration Consultant should check they are registered with ICCRC https://iccrc-crcic.ca/find-a-professional/ and do some research on them before paying anything.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...uthorized.html

How much work did he do for that money? If he just looked at your documents and suggested a route, you should take action to get a refund. that's the sort of money you pay for a full submission.
https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/

Old Oct 30th 2020, 11:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, what she said. ^^^^ Make sure you get a refund, he clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing!

He won't have advised you properly, so make sure you check everything yourself to make sure you know what's needed. Double check you're scoring enough on the CRS (at least 460-470 as a rough guide), can prove the required skilled work experience, have enough funds, get your IELTS and ECA, and if you need a court order to remove your son from UK jurisdiction get that underway too as it can take a while. It's easy enough to do it yourself, but just check that you will meet the requirements and are eligible for PR via EE before you spend money on IELTS and an ECA, as often unscrupulous immi consultants will tell you you're eligible just to get your cash.

Best of luck to you.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Natsufc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Yep, what she said. ^^^^ Make sure you get a refund, he clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing!

He won't have advised you properly, so make sure you check everything yourself to make sure you know what's needed. Double check you're scoring enough on the CRS (at least 460-470 as a rough guide), can prove the required skilled work experience, have enough funds, get your IELTS and ECA, and if you need a court order to remove your son from UK jurisdiction get that underway too as it can take a while. It's easy enough to do it yourself, but just check that you will meet the requirements and are eligible for PR via EE before you spend money on IELTS and an ECA, as often unscrupulous immi consultants will tell you you're eligible just to get your cash.

Best of luck to you.
That's great thanks. I've already started the process of getting a court order for my son and his dad is fine with that so that's good. The ielts is going to take a while as I live on the isle of man and we have no test centre here and the borders are closed due to covid so I can't fly anywhere to sit the test. I'll definitely make sure I get a refund from the immigration company I went with. I asked to see their credentials and they sent me copies which were obviously false. I'll also be reporting them as I don't want anyone else getting taken advantage of. Fingers crossed it will all work out in the end. Thanks guys
Old Oct 30th 2020, 11:26 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

That's great thanks. I've already started the process of getting a court order for my son and his dad is fine with that so that's good. The ielts is going to take a while as I live on the isle of man and we have no test centre here and the borders are closed due to covid so I can't fly anywhere to sit the test. I'll definitely make sure I get a refund from the immigration company I went with. I asked to see their credentials and they sent me copies which were obviously false. I'll also be reporting them as I don't want anyone else getting taken advantage of. Fingers crossed it will all work out in the end. Thanks guys
That sounds good. Just double check your score and other eligibility yourself, as mentioned above often dubious companies will tell you you're eligible just to get your money, so make sure you check that yourself and don't just rely on what they told you before you spend hundreds on your IELTS and ECA.

Also, if your son's dad is fine with you taking him to live in Canada, then there's no need for a court order - he just needs to give written permission, so that would be much easier if you can do that instead.

Best of luck.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 11:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
That sounds good. Just double check your score and other eligibility yourself, as mentioned above often dubious companies will tell you you're eligible just to get your money, so make sure you check that yourself and don't just rely on what they told you before you spend hundreds on your IELTS and ECA.

Also, if your son's dad is fine with you taking him to live in Canada, then there's no need for a court order - he just needs to give written permission, so that would be much easier if you can do that instead.

Best of luck.
That would be great if I didn't have to get a court order, I've found the parental permission form for his dad to sign and printed a few copies off.
Old Oct 30th 2020, 3:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

That would be great if I didn't have to get a court order, I've found the parental permission form for his dad to sign and printed a few copies off.
Double check you have this one, not the 'consent to travel' one

Non-accompanying parents or guardians and former spouses or common-law partners must complete and submit a Declaration from Non-Accompanying Parent/Guardian for Minors Immigrating to Canada form [IMM 5604] (PDF, 609.23KB) for each applicable child. The applicant is expected to make every reasonable effort to contact and obtain written consent from the other parent.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-children.html
Old Oct 30th 2020, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Double check you have this one, not the 'consent to travel' one

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-children.html
Hi
I've printed the form off for his dad to sign so I'll get that done as soon as I can. 😊
Old Nov 4th 2020, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Kanukki is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of curiosity, why Truro?