Reload this Page >

Recruitment agencies

Recruitment agencies

Old Dec 6th 2017, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

aerivona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recruitment agencies

Hi All,

I recently activated my permanent residence with a view to move to calgary permanently next September. I work in in internal audit and was wondering whether anyone knows of any good recruitment agencies I can register with to get my resume seen by employers? Any other tips to find work in Calgary would be really helpful.i have already updated my LinkedIn profile and signed up for job alerts on the job bank and with key audit employers (big 4)

Thanks
Old Dec 11th 2017, 8:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recruitment agencies

I dont know about recruitment agencies but try Indeed.ca ,you can search for jobs and upload your resume where potential employers can view your resume.Another one is Workopolis similiar to indeed.ca those 2 are probably much better than Linkedin.
Old Dec 11th 2017, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neilcumming
I dont know about recruitment agencies but try Indeed.ca ,you can search for jobs and upload your resume where potential employers can view your resume.Another one is Workopolis similiar to indeed.ca those 2 are probably much better than Linkedin.
Thanks I'll try that too . I'm also thinking of signing up for pre-arrival services like Canprep. Have those services actually been worth it for anyone?
Old Dec 13th 2017, 6:41 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

If you are not so keen on location then try to expand your reach. Its much easier to get into Internal Audit in Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal or even Vancouver than Alberta.

Agencies wise, Robert Half (amongst many others) tends to get positions from reputed employers but just like in the UK you gotta be smart when you deal with agencies since you should never trust everything that they tell you (or at least until they get you an interview).
Old Dec 19th 2017, 3:02 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You might find some of the agencies / links listed in the wiki to be of use..

Finding Job Opportunities-Canada : British Expat Wiki

There's a really, really good post which although old still has pertinent information about doing 'outside of the box' job searches - definitely worth a read (ignore the title)!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...5/#post5844159

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 19th 2017 at 3:07 pm.
Old Dec 19th 2017, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You might find some of the agencies / links listed in the wiki to be of use..

Finding Job Opportunities-Canada : British Expat Wiki

There's a really, really good post which although old still has pertinent information about doing 'outside of the box' job searches - definitely worth a read (ignore the title)!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/canad...5/#post5844159

Thanks