Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

travelling to uk with pitbull cross advice

travelling to uk with pitbull cross advice

Old May 26th 2015, 9:58 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travelling to uk with pitbull cross advice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I thought there was. I thought someone posted in the MBTTUK forum that they had there dog tested...it was part wolf.
Even if so, the legal test is based on looks, not breed.
Old May 26th 2015, 10:10 pm
Just Joined

bigjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything I've read backs that up photoplex regarding DNA they go for looks only.We will keep up the fight this little dog from heaven was abandoned with 9 puppies and was in a state when we adopted.She is a huge part of our family and we will try every legal avenue for that to remain
Old May 28th 2015, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I work for my local Animal Control. The DNA tests are totally inconclusive. The reason for this is that they have run DNA tests on pedigree dogs where they know the lineage and yet the tests have come back with other breeds... Here in ON where pitbulls are illegal many owners claim they have an English Bulldog or other similar breeds. As nobody can prove otherwise they seem to get away with it. I wouldn't want to risk it though going across international borders...
Old May 28th 2015, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you put a picture of her on here ?
Old May 28th 2015, 1:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

HGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond reputeHGerchikov has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigjohn
Everything I've read backs that up photoplex regarding DNA they go for looks only.We will keep up the fight this little dog from heaven was abandoned with 9 puppies and was in a state when we adopted.She is a huge part of our family and we will try every legal avenue for that to remain
So, with this in mind, does she look like a pitbull? From your description in an earlier post it doesn't sound like she has the characteristics that they are looking out for. I wish you the very best with this, we too have an adopted dog, I couldn't even begin to imagine leaving him behind.
Old May 28th 2015, 2:05 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilg14
Can you put a picture of her on here ?
This +1
Old May 30th 2015, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Richos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond reputeRichos_9 has a reputation beyond repute

Having worked in animal rescue here in the UK, I have seen a few 'pit bull' types euthanised because of their looks. Being a massive animal lover myself, I wouldn't risk bringing her back. As lovely as she is, it won't matter, they will only see the breed of the dog, not the sweet little dog that you see. Very sad but true, I feel for you.