Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Travel insurance with pre-existing conditions

Travel insurance with pre-existing conditions

Old Mar 7th 2023, 4:37 pm
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel insurance with pre-existing conditions

I live I Canada with PR and my dad is coming out from the UK to visit me for the first time in the summer. He's now 73 and had a heart attack when he was 51, and bypass surgery in 2009.

Consequently, getting travel insurance for him is pretty expensive. We've had quotes ranging from £470 to £1500, and the ones at the cheaper end don't offer a particularly great level of cover.

We've exhausted online searching, including all the sites recommended by Martin Lewis and he even went to an in-person broker, and £470 is the cheapest we can find.

Has anybody had any luck getting cheaper travel insurance for older people with pre-existing conditions?
Old Mar 9th 2023, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond reputeSunnybrae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel insurance with pre-existing conditions

Try Insurancewith.com. I used them when I was recovering from Cancer and they were very reasonable.