Reload this Page >

Travel insurance for elderly parents to visit

Travel insurance for elderly parents to visit

Old Apr 8th 2017, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

rvs22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel insurance for elderly parents to visit

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
New poster. 2 posts. One in the Canada forum, one in the Australian forum. Both recommending a US based insurance company. You'd have to forgive people for thinking you have a particular agenda in joining BE
If you look at my details, you will see that I joined in July 2006. That is over 10 years ago.

You really think that someone would wait over 10+ years to spam the forum with hidden agenda?
Old Apr 9th 2017, 8:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rvs22
If you look at my details, you will see that I joined in July 2006. That is over 10 years ago.

You really think that someone would wait over 10+ years to spam the forum with hidden agenda?
Stranger things have happened at sea
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

tommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nicetommy_mcl is just really nice

Hi I have used visitors to Canada medical insurance a couple of times for both parents and in laws has always been way cheaper than what they were quoted in uk and covered their stable preexisting conditions
The policies were with 21st century and RSA
Was $172 for 2 weeks last time sept 2016

It is only medical insurance not travel I.e. Flight cancelation lost luggage etc, but they bought that from icelandair direct not sure about other airlines
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:56 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rvs22
I suspect a sleeper
Old Apr 25th 2017, 11:43 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
Try these: Travel Insurance with Medical Conditions | Age UK or https://www.world-first.co.uk/home/t...e/seniors.aspx or https://www.staysure.co.uk/travel-in...enior-citizen/

We used Staysure for our last trip to Canada and US. They covered my wifes exisitng conditions - heart problems, diabetes, arthritis - but at a cost! I think it was something like £600 for 3 weeks. We've also used them when we used to visit here for 6 weeeks at a time before we emigrated and it was, pro rata, a lot cheaper than US coverage!
Plugged in my folks details. Quote GBP287 for 2 weeks which seems reasonable enough given that they are 83 and 76 respectively.