British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Is travel Insurance to Canada Possible Right Now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/travel-insurance-canada-possible-right-now-939359/)

Revin Kevin Jul 2nd 2021 11:24 am

Is travel Insurance to Canada Possible Right Now?

So an email just came for the renewal of my annual multi-trip travel insurance policy. In big writing on the front page it says "YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED FOR ANY TRIPS THAT ARE IN BREACH OF LOCAL LOCKDOWN RULES OR FCWO GUIDANCE"

Looking at UK Gov that guidance states : "To prevent new COVID variants from entering the UK, you should not travel to amber or red list countries." Canada is on the amber list - so it looks like you can't currently get travel insurance to go there.

Anyone know of any company's that will offer insurance? I am double vax and in good health so I don't mind a covid exclusion on the policy.

bats Jul 2nd 2021 11:56 pm

Re: Is travel Insurance to Canada Possible Right Now?

Originally Posted by Revin Kevin (Post 13024738)
So an email just came for the renewal of my annual multi-trip travel insurance policy. In big writing on the front page it says "YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED FOR ANY TRIPS THAT ARE IN BREACH OF LOCAL LOCKDOWN RULES OR FCWO GUIDANCE"

Looking at UK Gov that guidance states : "To prevent new COVID variants from entering the UK, you should not travel to amber or red list countries." Canada is on the amber list - so it looks like you can't currently get travel insurance to go there.

Anyone know of any company's that will offer insurance? I am double vax and in good health so I don't mind a covid exclusion on the policy.

in Ontario anything COVID is covered. by govt health insurance.. It's the other stuff, repatriation, ambulances, transfers, funerals etc that gets expensive if you ever need them.

unobscure Jul 3rd 2021 5:43 am

Are you talking about immigration or a visit?

The UK site is talking about travelling to an amber country and then returning to the UK (visit)

However, if you are travelling one way to Canada then that laws related to returning to the UK would be irrelevant. The only laws you would need to comply with would be Canadian laws related to travel to Canada.

Revin Kevin Jul 4th 2021 10:11 am

Originally Posted by unobscure (Post 13025074)
Are you talking about immigration or a visit?

The UK site is talking about travelling to an amber country and then returning to the UK (visit)

However, if you are travelling one way to Canada then that laws related to returning to the UK would be irrelevant. The only laws you would need to comply with would be Canadian laws related to travel to Canada.

We are visiting and will be returning. Ironically it seems that I'm covered for covid illness whist in Canada! It's the general travel cover I won't have that is of concern. The EU has just put Canada on thier "green list" so hopefully the UK will follow soon.