Travel document

Old Jun 15th 2018, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Travel document

My son is flying to Dublin today then on to Gatwick a few days later.
Because they are so slow at processing PR card renewals he’s going to have to apply for a travel document to get back.

Hes just told me that Dublin is not a visa processing centre so he would need to change all his plans and get to London ASAP to apply for the travel document.

So my question is is this correct that it’s only in visa processing embassy’s that he can get this done? But then what if Dublin had been his final destination?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Travel document

As I understand it he would then have to travel from Dublin to London just to get the travel document. (I had to travel from Belfast to London for that reason a few years ago, as I found found that I couldn't get one in Dublin.)
Old Jun 15th 2018, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Because they are so slow at processing PR card renewals he’s going to have to apply for a travel document to get back.

Hes just told me that Dublin is not a visa processing centre so he would need to change all his plans and get to London ASAP to apply for the travel document.

So my question is is this correct that it’s only in visa processing embassy’s that he can get this done? But then what if Dublin had been his final destination?
LVO processes all visa for Ireland (as well as quite a few other countries).

http://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-...es/london.html

All the Canadian embassy in Dublin would do is to post it all on the London.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:56 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is correct, however, he could apply by mail to the VAC once he gets to Dublin perhaps (click on the mail tab)?
Canada Visa Information - United Kingdom - How To Apply

Here's the link to the form - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-document.html

Do make sure he has all the proof necessary (NOT original documents) WITH HIM (you'll probably want to include his COPR and a copy of the PR card application/fees receipt as well as the stuff listed on the IMM5627) that he's going to need, and the means to pay the fees online.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jun 15th 2018 at 6:14 pm. Reason: sorry about the large image, I've tried making it smaller, sigh.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:27 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a thought. Or two.

On a straightforward PR Card renewal application, what seems to happen is that if 90 days is the processing time, the application sits somewhere for 85 days waiting for its turn and then it's done within 5 days. Tracking is useless because the application only shows up once they've started working on it - which doesn't happen for 85 days.

So what about recording receipt on the system? This way you at least know they've got it and can work on it - this is not the same as sending it recorded because a signature only shows someone has signed for it and it may not have reached where it will be processed.

As well as the security of knowing it's there and will be done (rather than worrying for 85 days and then getting it within a couple of days of the system showing it), you could print the acknowledgement and this could be used solely for re-entry for Canada.

Or, the card remains valid solely for re-entry (nothing else) for,say, three months, beyond the expiry date. They could attach other conditions - re-entry where departure was recent, for example.

This would cover people with unexpected travel and those who have responsibly applied for renewals in otherwise good time.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Here's a thought. Or two.

On a straightforward PR Card renewal application, what seems to happen is that if 90 days is the processing time, the application sits somewhere for 85 days waiting for its turn and then it's done within 5 days. Tracking is useless because the application only shows up once they've started working on it - which doesn't happen for 85 days.

So what about recording receipt on the system? This way you at least know they've got it and can work on it - this is not the same as sending it recorded because a signature only shows someone has signed for it and it may not have reached where it will be processed.

As well as the security of knowing it's there and will be done (rather than worrying for 85 days and then getting it within a couple of days of the system showing it), you could print the acknowledgement and this could be used solely for re-entry for Canada.

Or, the card remains valid solely for re-entry (nothing else) for,say, three months, beyond the expiry date. They could attach other conditions - re-entry where departure was recent, for example.

This would cover people with unexpected travel and those who have responsibly applied for renewals in otherwise good time.
Lordy that would be too simple a process for the CIC ! I had to apply for a PRTD a couple of years back and thought if you are waiting on your new PR card why not get the PRTD before you leave Canada instead of a mad scramble to embassies overseas and having to take various documents with you.
For the OP if your son is going for 2 weeks or more it maybe easier to send by courier and less stress.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 12:16 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilcumming
...thought if you are waiting on your new PR card why not get the PRTD before you leave Canada instead of a mad scramble to embassies overseas.
I thought I had read, when the subject has been discussed before, that this was not possible as the doc had to be obtained abroad, prior to travel back to Canada.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:01 am
BE Forum Addict

neilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond reputeneilcumming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I thought I had read, when the subject has been discussed before, that this was not possible as the doc had to be obtained abroad, prior to travel back to Canada.
Yes you are correct in saying that but I was only suggesting that wouldn't it be easier to get the travel documentation before leaving Canada ?
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:15 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Lordy that would be too simple a process for the CIC ! I had to apply for a PRTD a couple of years back and thought if you are waiting on your new PR card why not get the PRTD before you leave Canada instead of a mad scramble to embassies overseas and having to take various documents with you.
For the OP if your son is going for 2 weeks or more it maybe easier to send by courier and less stress.

That would be too simple...

Or speed processing time up for the PR card renewals, it's idiotic it takes so long to renew a card, the process should be smoother and quicker then it is.

Canada for whatever reason when it comes to most government agencies seem to work at glacial speed.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately he’s only gone for two weeks. So very unlikely it would arrive before he comes back.

Fingers crossed he’ll have no trouble getting the travel document.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 11:51 am
Oscar nominated

Yes you are correct in saying that but I was only suggesting that wouldn't it be easier to get the travel documentation before leaving Canada ?
Ah, gotcha.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 12:14 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately he’s only gone for two weeks. So very unlikely it would arrive before he comes back.

I'd suggest he put in the application on his first day or so if mailing/sending by courier.. else he may be pushing it to get one in time for his flight back... he could be pushing it even if he submits an application in person.
it's processed quickly
Old Jun 17th 2018, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

If he goes to the embassy he should get it on that day but its a hassle you dont really need on holidays etc.Hopefully everything works out for him.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 6:51 pm
Banned

If he goes to the embassy he should get it on that day but its a hassle you dont really need on holidays etc.Hopefully everything works out for him.
What's the basis of that answer? Everything I have read online has it as taking several days at the minimum to a week or more -

Links please - or do you have personal experience of issuance of a PRTD from London High Commission? (It's not an embassy).
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Processing time for a PRTD depends on:

The location of where you apply and how busy it is;
How easy or difficult the individual Application is to evaluate (whether the PR RO has been met or can be met etc).

You can't generalize for these applications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.