Transferwise

Old Jan 31st 2019, 3:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferwise

Originally Posted by Eric S
Ha! I agree with you about the site upgrade. Although I do seem to be able to edit my previous posts. Maybe it only lets you edit within a certain amount of time after you post?

EDIT: yes, it lets me edit my posts from today, but not yesterday or earlier.
​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​- Eric S.
​​​​​​​It has always, going back at least 17 years, restricted you to two hours, but now some posts, if you hit the edit button, just give you an empty text box, not the text you posted (less then two hours ago) and now want to edit. So my long post above, if I try to edit it, it just gives me an empty text box.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 3:37 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Correct - you have up to 10 minutes from the time you post to edit ....
​​​​​​​You might want to edit this post.

​​​​​​​@Siouxie: Edited at 11:53. . .... And 12.59.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 31st 2019 at 4:58 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 3:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
@Eric S - the last post of your post #39 is correct - it's Transferwise's account, not yours.

​​​​​​​****! I hate this web site "upgrade", my post above has lost most of its formatting, and all the paragraphs have been mashed together, .... and I can't even get back into it to edit it!!!

​​​​​​​Though curiously I can edit this one!

Fixed the paragraphs for you - if you want to send me how it was supposed to look by PM, I'll fix the rest

I believe you can edit a post up to 10 minutes after it's posted.. I'm going to check this I'm pretty sure it's always been that, at least since I joined.. but I could be wrong (as a mod I can edit any post in specific forums, at any time)

As to the formatting, it's may be your settings, which you can change. Go to your control panel, 'Edit Options' > Message Editor Interface' and set it to WYSIWYG Enhanced Interface - and set the 'Forum Skin' to BE NG ... see if that helps.. (although be warned it puts a double space between paragraphs!)

​​​​​​​It has always, going back at least 17 years, restricted you to two hours, but now some posts, if you hit the edit button, just give you an empty text box, not the text you posted (less then two hours ago) and now want to edit. So my long post above, if I try to edit it, it just gives me an empty text box.

Regarding the empty text box, can you post about that in site issues so we can find out what's going on .. cheers
​​​​​​​You might want to edit this post.
By your command

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 31st 2019 at 4:02 pm.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Fixed the paragraphs for you - if you want to send me how it was supposed to look by PM, I'll fix the rest ..
​​​​​​​Thx
.... You can edit a post up to 10 minutes after it's posted I believe... I'm pretty sure it's always been that, at least since I joined.. but I could be wrong
See post #47 above, revised.
​​
... As to the formatting, it's may be your settings, which you can change. Go to your control panel, 'Edit Options' > Message Editor Interface' and set it to WYSIWYG Enhanced Interface - and set the 'Forum Skin' to BE NG ... see if that helps.. (although be warned it puts a double space between paragraphs!) ...
I'll try that, see if it helps.
Regarding the empty text box, can you post about that in site issues so we can find out what's going on .....
Did already, was fobbed off - told it is a problem with my device, even though I can edit some posts, but not others.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 4:07 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I'm not familiar with this method of transfer.
I transfer money every month from UK account to Canadian account. I registered with TW telling them the from/to accounts to use and that's all I do. I don't have to take any action with either sending or receiving bank. I use my Debit card on the TW site.

Since I was first doing this, they now have an option to transfer from the UK account instead of using the debit card. Perhaps this method involves some procedure with the sending bank like you mention. It's only about 60p less and not worth mucking about for so I just carry on using the debit card method that I know.

Perhaps this method isn't available Canada to UK.
Yeah I would prefer to pay by debit card. I

I have to do mine Canadian to UK to pay student loans. I don't want to mess around with bank transfers.

I used to use HiFx, who were great but as soon as I changed my address recently, they shut my account down as they are not allowed to trade in Canada (odd as my address before that when I was doing transfers was still out here and they didn't say anything then)

Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

FromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond reputeFromUKtoBC has a reputation beyond repute

i used Transferwise since 2017 on the recommendation of Hurlabrick

I have been very happy with them and felt that my money was safe

Because it is esentially MONEY that you are transfering they have to do all the relevant due diligence checks with you to ensure that your money is safe

I've had no problems
I have also contacted their Customer support via email as well as spoken to them over the phone

They are my NO.1 go to international money transfer agents, after doing a fair bit of my own research two years ago

Their process seemed so easy to understand and fees are pretty low

But you've got to feel comfortable with whichever option you choose
Good luck
Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:44 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Yeah I would prefer to pay by debit card.
As well as not wanting to change (the debit card method) what's been working perfectly every month for two years, it occurs to me that the bank transfer method might incur an additional charge at the sending end.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:48 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I have just double checked the edit setting. It is set for a window of two hours.

Can you add that this is still happening to your thread in Site Feedback please. That and the format issue.

Thanks
M

edit.... Sorry. I see this has already been suggested. Can you still update though please.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

Eshiels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric S
What option did you choose in Transferwise for "How would you like to pay"? Maybe try another option, like Direct Debit. You can cancel your previous transfer.

- Eric S.
Yes, I did cancel it. Its seems there are only two options on the Canadian site, wire transfer or direct debit. It looks like I should be able to order my money through Transferwise, and then go to my bank and make a wire transfer to their account. My bank will charge up to $80 for that, depending how much I am sending. I just need to check how long my bank would take to wire transfer to the Transferwise bank ( because they seem to allow you a specific amount of time that it needs to be paid by) On my bank website it say 2-3 days, but if im paying 80 bucks I would hope it would be quicker than than as their bank is in Toronto ( 2.5 hours up the road!) My husband obviously spoke with someone who had no clue!

Old Feb 1st 2019, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eshiels
Yes, I did cancel it. Its seems there are only two options on the Canadian site, wire transfer or direct debit. It looks like I should be able to order my money through Transferwise, and then go to my bank and make a wire transfer to their account. My bank will charge up to $80 for that, depending how much I am sending. I just need to check how long my bank would take to wire transfer to the Transferwise bank ( because they seem to allow you a specific amount of time that it needs to be paid by) On my bank website it say 2-3 days, but if im paying 80 bucks I would hope it would be quicker than than as their bank is in Toronto ( 2.5 hours up the road!) My husband obviously spoke with someone who had no clue!
Why are you paying wire transfer as direct debit is so easy from your online bank and it saves any trip to the bank in person.
All you need is the ability to log into your bank account online. When you select direct debit payment option, TransferWise will ask you which bank you want to use, then redirects you to the bank logon page. Very easy to use and a lot cheaper than any other option. By the way, Transferwise has 5 different payment options from CAD. Direct debit, debit card, credit card, domestic wire transfer and online bill pay.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by glendem4
Why are you paying wire transfer as direct debit is so easy from your online bank and it saves any trip to the bank in person.
All you need is the ability to log into your bank account online. When you select direct debit payment option, TransferWise will ask you which bank you want to use, then redirects you to the bank logon page. Very easy to use and a lot cheaper than any other option. By the way, Transferwise has 5 different payment options from CAD. Direct debit, debit card, credit card, domestic wire transfer and online bill pay.
I’ve been back online and made and subsequently cancelled yet another transaction! I’ll be black balled at this rate! Unfortunately the only way to pay for 10,000 is online bill pay ( which only includes Tangerine, Bank of Montreal, national bank of Canada and a credit union, not my TD bank) or by wire transfer. I could chop it up into smaller amounts and use some of those other methods, but I’m actually intending of eventually sending the proceeds of my house sale back to Uk. I will try a smaller transfer today, but I think I’ll eventually just have to do a bigger transfer and just pay TD the wire transfer fee. Many thanks for the information though.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Success with $3000. οΏ½ οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
Old Feb 1st 2019, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

glendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond reputeglendem4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eshiels
Success with $3000. οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½οΏ½
Daily limit is $9500. So you can try another $6500payment today. There is also a biweekly limit of $30,000 imposed by TransferWise.
so you could send $3000 every week day, if you wished.

Last edited by glendem4; Feb 1st 2019 at 7:52 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2019, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Daily limit is $9500. So you can try another $6500payment today.
Perfect thanks!
Old Feb 1st 2019, 7:54 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Daily limit is $9500. So you can try another $6500payment today. There is also a biweekly limit of $30,000 imposed by TransferWise.
so you could send $3000 every week day, if you wished.
But with HSBC Global Transfer, the limit is $100,000 per day. Why mess around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.