Transferwise

Old Nov 28th 2018, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transferwise

Please can anyone provide me with a phone number so I can speak to someone at TransferWise? There doesn't seem to be a phone number on the website that I can find or have I missed it?

Thanks!
Old Nov 28th 2018, 6:50 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Please can anyone provide me with a phone number so I can speak to someone at TransferWise? There doesn't seem to be a phone number on the website that I can find or have I missed it?

Thanks!

It's a bit hidden, lol
About> Help: : I have a different question - how do I contact...

Takes you to the page below..
https://transferwise.com/contact

Click on the 'continue without logging in' - then (next page) 'call us' - it gives you the opportunity to choose the regions..
Canada:
+1 888 445 2780
Mon - Fri 8:00am - 8:00pm EST
Currently unavailable

UK:
+44 (0) 203 6950 999
Mon - Fri 8:00am - 8:00pm GMT
Currently unavailable

Last edited by Siouxie; Nov 28th 2018 at 6:56 am.
Old Nov 28th 2018, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!
i knew it must be somewhere but couldn't spot it!
Old Nov 28th 2018, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Stuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond reputeStuart Adamson has a reputation beyond repute

I tried to setup an account with them when buying my house in Canada. Had to contact them due to my unusual circumstances at the time (expat Brit in middle east) and they were utterly unhelpful and disinterested.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to update: I've made my transfer and hopefully it's on its way.

Stupidly I cancelled the first one I set up a a day or so ago but didn't send (but still could have used). I then set up a new one and "lost" $60 as the rate was marginally lower.
Then my daughter who's come back from 5 months in NZ on a university exchange came in and said "oh we used TW all the time in NZ for paying rent etc." so she could have talked me through it had I realized.
And when I called the UK bank to effect the transfer, the agent said to me "yes we do this all the time I've already done one today" which was reassuring.
So hopefully it ends up in the right place this end ...!

Thanks to all on this thread.
Old Nov 29th 2018, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update: I've made my transfer and hopefully it's on its way.

Stupidly I cancelled the first one I set up a a day or so ago but didn't send (but still could have used). I then set up a new one and "lost" $60 as the rate was marginally lower.
Then my daughter who's come back from 5 months in NZ on a university exchange came in and said "oh we used TW all the time in NZ for paying rent etc." so she could have talked me through it had I realized.
And when I called the UK bank to effect the transfer, the agent said to me "yes we do this all the time I've already done one today" which was reassuring.
So hopefully it ends up in the right place this end ...!

Thanks to all on this thread.
I understand your nervousness the first time. You will be surprised how quickly it arrives through I have found it sometimes takes one day longer than they say
Old Nov 30th 2018, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

So it's now on its way to the Canadian bank account having been paid out this morning. At least that's when I got the email. Does this bit take a day or two? It's scheduled for arrival on Monday according to the tracking.

How would you use TW to allow someone like a client to pay you in their currency? I have a few like this. Could you set up a TW account where they couldn't see other transactions? Or would they have to set up their own?

Last edited by Snowy560; Nov 30th 2018 at 2:23 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

How would you use TW to allow someone like a client to pay you in their currency? I have a few like this. Could you set up a TW account where they couldn't see other transactions? Or would they have to set up their own?
Take a look at their Borderless Account. That is exactly what it is designed for.

https://transferwise.com/us/borderless/
Old Nov 30th 2018, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes I looked at that but you can't get the Borderless account in CAD although I suppose it may not matter. Thank you.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

So it's now on its way to the Canadian bank account having been paid out this morning. At least that's when I got the email. Does this bit take a day or two? It's scheduled for arrival on Monday according to the tracking.

Yes, this bit will probably take a max of two working days (nothing happens on a weekend). They update your transfer with an expected arrival date in your CAD account, but I have found in the past that it sometimes takes one extra day from the arrival date they quote.
Old Nov 30th 2018, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the heads up!
Old Dec 6th 2018, 5:08 am
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

Transferwise is regulated in the UK by the FCA so it's entirely legit and your money is protected, never use a service that isn't regulated unless you like to gamble. I was still hesitant to use it initially and I split my transactions into smaller ones and waited for them to arrive and clear before sending the next, I trust it now but I still prefer to send smaller amounts. It's about the best rate you can get, HSBC give a fairly good rate if you have accounts in both countries, I will never go near them as a bank though so I stick with Transferwise. As mentioned, the money doesn't actully move countries, it matches people in the two countries and transfers it between accounts at the local ends to avoid exchange, transmission and commission fees from banks.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

neill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond reputeneill has a reputation beyond repute

Transferwise, Xoom, both fine, used for CAD <---> USD <---> GBP for over 2 years now.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 2:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Did my latest transfer 10.00 am yesterday, Atlantic Time. 2.00 pm UK time.
Money in my Canadian account within 24 hours.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

Eshiels is an unknown quantity at this point

I arranged to send 10000 dollars to my UK bank account with Transferwise ( im moving back later this year) I then went on to my TD bank account to transfer the 10,000 to the transferwise bank account ( a BMO account) there was no way to do that with my online bank. It wasn’t on the list of payees on their easyweb system. Anyway, sent my husband to our branch to ask if we could add them to our bank account as a payee, or could we have them manually transfer from our TD bank to Transferwise banks account. Well the answer he got was no! She of course suggested that we just use TD to send a wire transfer to the UK, but I’m assuming that will cost a lot more than transferwise. Anyone else bank with TD and have used transferwise? Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.