British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   transferring money using Halo Financial (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/transferring-money-using-halo-financial-750798/)

lindabey Mar 6th 2012 5:39 pm

transferring money using Halo Financial

Hi has anyone ever used Halo Financial institution for transferring large amounts from a British bank into a Canadian Bank
Are they a reputable source or is there anyone better out there someone could recommend

Thank you

Aviator Mar 6th 2012 5:47 pm

Re: transferring money using Halo Financial

Originally Posted by lindabey (Post 9939118)
Hi has anyone ever used Halo Financial institution for transferring large amounts from a British bank into a Canadian Bank
Are they a reputable source or is there anyone better out there someone could recommend

Thank you

I suspect lots have.

gillan85 Mar 6th 2012 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by lindabey (Post 9939118)

Thank you

Hi

I arrived in January, and although you may think it is a bit daunting at first, once you have done it you realise how easy it is. I have used Halo three times now, and will carry on. So straightforward, I deposit the amount and they confirm receipt of funds by e-mail and let you know when the transaction has taken place and when it has been transferred. Of all the ones I spoke to prior to leaving UK, Jake at Halo was the most helpful of all, could not recommend him enough. Hope you find this of use.

lindabey Mar 6th 2012 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by gillan85 (Post 9939308)
Hi

I arrived in January, and although you may think it is a bit daunting at first, once you have done it you realise how easy it is. I have used Halo three times now, and will carry on. So straightforward, I deposit the amount and they confirm receipt of funds by e-mail and let you know when the transaction has taken place and when it has been transferred. Of all the ones I spoke to prior to leaving UK, Jake at Halo was the most helpful of all, could not recommend him enough. Hope you find this of use.

Many thanks i appreciate the reply. I have opened an account with them just wanted to check to see if anyone had used them too. and was happy with their service.

jimmydean Mar 6th 2012 9:40 pm

Used them numerous times and found them both efficient and competitive......very friendly staff

stokesey Mar 6th 2012 11:17 pm

I transferred approx 300k GBP using Halo, I won't lie I was nervous... All went off without a hitch though.

I checked how secure my funds were in the interim from being transferred from my UK Bank to my Canadian account, apparently the money is ring fenced so kept seperate, they are also regulated by the FSA I believe.

I would say to negotiate your rate if you can, if you're dealing LARGE amounts it can make a big difference.

I dealt with Alastair Sweetman.

Jordan Tilley Mar 8th 2012 3:49 pm

Although there are many FX brokers in the market make sure you look into their financials before opening an account. Its even more important when transferring a larger amount via an FX broker.

Dun and Bradstreet will give you a good indication as to who to use and who not to use.

British Expat members are also able to receive free transfer fees.

http://exchangerates.britishexpats.com/

lindabey Mar 8th 2012 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jordan Tilley (Post 9942926)
Although there are many FX brokers in the market make sure you look into their financials before opening an account. Its even more important when transferring a larger amount via an FX broker.

Dun and Bradstreet will give you a good indication as to who to use and who not to use.

thanks

R I C H Mar 8th 2012 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Jordan Tilley (Post 9942926)

If you work for a business that already advertises on this site, is it fair that you get to promote the company in regular threads too? Perhaps you should disclose you work for Moneycorp.

lindabey Mar 8th 2012 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 9942997)
If you work for a business that already advertises on this site, is it fair that you get to promote the company in regular threads too? Perhaps you should disclose you work for Moneycorp.

I am very genuine indeed and after good advice how to send my money abroad , dont know what your problem is, but genuine posters on this board can tell that i am moving to canada soon and just a bit wary as ive never used a financial instution like Halo before. Just to put your mind at rest look at my last posts you will see that my husband has moved to Canada already as he started a job and I have been left here to sort out house sell on my own.

R I C H Mar 8th 2012 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by lindabey (Post 9943006)
I am very genuine indeed and after good advice how to send my money abroad , dont know what your problem is, but genuine posters on this board can tell that i am moving to canada soon and just a bit wary as ive never used a financial instution like Halo before. Just to put your mind at rest look at my last posts you will see that my husband has moved to Canada already as he started a job and I have been left here to sort out house sell on my own.

I've no issue with you at all linda - it's Jordan's post that I think is a little askew, as it violates one of the site rules:

9. Advertising in Forum Posts
The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 20.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

Jordan doesn't disclose that the page he posted a link to, which promotes Moneycorp, is a company that he earns his living from.

lindabey Mar 8th 2012 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 9943014)
I've no issue with you at all linda - it's Jordan's post that I think is a little askew, as it violates one of the site rules:

The forums, (including the private message, blog and email systems), are not a venue for advertisements in any way. Please do not post promotional/advertising messages, urls, nor specifics that would lead people to your site/blog/product/service. However, a line in your signature with a link to your site is allowed. (For signature guidelines please read Rule 20.) It will be the sole discretion of britishexpats.com and its moderators as to what constitutes an advertisement.

ok thats fine thought you were accusing me , my mistake

iaink Mar 8th 2012 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by R I C H (Post 9943014)

Jordan doesn't disclose that the page he posted a link to, which promotes Moneycorp, is a company that he earns his living from.

Not really his fault that for some reason his moneycorp sig file is not showing at the moment...

Moneycorp are a forum sponsor and have a sub forum that they monitor here which deals exclusively with exchange and transfer issues and questions. If he had hijacked the thread and mentioned moneycorp he would have been criticised too, so Im not sure he can win!

puggirl Mar 8th 2012 8:58 pm

v\]

hi we have also used halo three or four times to transfer and they have always been very efficient and reliable every time :)

e;p[