Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Transfer of UK driving licence in British Columbia

Wikiposts

Transfer of UK driving licence in British Columbia

Old Jul 4th 2010, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future
Default Transfer of UK driving licence in British Columbia

Hi, we have our PR (landed in Vancouver in May)and will be moving back permanently next May/June when we will then have to apply for Canadian driving licences.

Our sister in law has mentioned that British Columbia has now adopted the same policy as Ontario whereby you are able to transfer your UK licence for a BC Canadian driving licence without having to retake a test.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case. As it is the part I have been dreading as it took me 4 attempts to pass my UK one when I was 17!!!

Ellejay
Old Jul 4th 2010, 9:06 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer of UK driving licence in British Columbia

Originally Posted by ellejay
Hi, we have our PR (landed in Vancouver in May)and will be moving back permanently next May/June when we will then have to apply for Canadian driving licences.

Our sister in law has mentioned that British Columbia has now adopted the same policy as Ontario whereby you are able to transfer your UK licence for a BC Canadian driving licence without having to retake a test.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case. As it is the part I have been dreading as it took me 4 attempts to pass my UK one when I was 17!!!

Ellejay
Yes, if you do a search you'll find a thread or two on the subject. I believe this was introduced a week or two ago.
Old Jul 4th 2010, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Here is the link:

http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing.../other-country

Ray
Old Jul 4th 2010, 10:25 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raymasa
Interesting how they think the Republic of Ireland is part of the United Kingdom ... do they mean Northern Ireland?
http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing...ntry/Australia
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

ellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant futureellejay has a brilliant future

Woohoo that has made my day Thanks everyone for your comments

Ellejay x
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:36 am
Peter Darwin

pdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond reputepdarwin has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry even if you have to take a test. I had to take one in Ontario in order to swap my license and it was so simple even a monkey could pass it. So I did.
Old Jul 5th 2010, 3:39 am
887 lb pumpkin

flipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura aboutflipance has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by pdarwin
I wouldn't worry even if you have to take a test. I had to take one in Ontario in order to swap my license and it was so simple even a monkey could pass it. So I did.
It was the same in NS !