Transfer of Pension without SIN

Wikiposts

Transfer of Pension without SIN

Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:28 am
Just Joined

soontobeyoungs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Transfer of Pension without SIN

Hi everyone,

I have done some thread searches to see if I could find my answer...but so far have not come up with any answers.

My husband and I are in the PR process but he wants to transfer his Scottish Widows and Standard Life pensions out of the UK. Can we do this before he receives PR and without a SIN? In talking with Service Canada, they thought he could just apply for a individual tax number for a non-resident?

Thank you in advance for any help,

Ronda
"soontobeyoungs" are now..."theyoungs"
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer of Pension without SIN

Originally Posted by soontobeyoungs
My husband and I are in the PR process but he wants to transfer his Scottish Widows and Standard Life pensions out of the UK. Can we do this before he receives PR and without a SIN?
Why would he want to do this? There is never any guarantee that PR would be granted.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer of Pension without SIN

I'd wait and see if you really like it first and plan to stay for the long term. You might think that right now - but you might not think that a year from now.