Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Trade certification

Trade certification

Old Nov 2nd 2019, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

globetrotting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trade certification

Hi all, I’m looking for a way to get my trade certified. On CIC website it comes under 8252 but when I look on itabc it’s not listed.
Thanks
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 5:25 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trade certification

Originally Posted by globetrotting
Hi all, I’m looking for a way to get my trade certified. On CIC website it comes under 8252 but when I look on itabc it’s not listed.
Thanks
NOC 8252 is "8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers" and isn't necesarily a trade - Trades are usually things like electrician, plumber, mechanic etc.

8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers

What is it you do exactly?
Old Nov 2nd 2019, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Siouxie
NOC 8252 is "8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers" and isn't necesarily a trade - Trades are usually things like electrician, plumber, mechanic etc.

8252 Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers

What is it you do exactly?
Horse trainer. In my mind it wasn’t a trade either but on CIC it says that 8252 is a major in skilled trades.
Old Nov 7th 2019, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know would the application still be FST even without the certification?
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

greenfreelander is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Any luck in finding out more?

I know of someone who came from South Africa..has many provable years as a Farrier.
But was employed as a Farm foreman to meet the requirements of entry.

I live in Alberta and there is NO demand for horse trainers...so many own horses here that training is all referred by word of mouth, so unless you have trained a Grand National winner it is not going to be worth the cost in prove your education/work history etc.
BUT
the Animal Husbandry route, if you want to work with cattle/Buffalo may be your best route!? if again you can prove some experience.
In the more remote north here, farms do look for staff and may be able to support an LMIA, but remote north comes with some different standards of living!
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greenfreelander
Hi
Any luck in finding out more?

I know of someone who came from South Africa..has many provable years as a Farrier.
But was employed as a Farm foreman to meet the requirements of entry.

I live in Alberta and there is NO demand for horse trainers...so many own horses here that training is all referred by word of mouth, so unless you have trained a Grand National winner it is not going to be worth the cost in prove your education/work history etc.
BUT
the Animal Husbandry route, if you want to work with cattle/Buffalo may be your best route!? if again you can prove some experience.
In the more remote north here, farms do look for staff and may be able to support an LMIA, but remote north comes with some different standards of living!

Whereabouts in Alberta are you? This is not my experience at all. My daughters have been involved in all manner of horse riding and they have used coaches (in the "teach me how to ride" sense) and have also used horse trainers (in the, "take this horse, break it and train it to do "X"" sense) too. Many of each type of trainers have come from all over the world.

Old Dec 8th 2019, 10:43 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by globetrotting
Does anyone know would the application still be FST even without the certification?
Without certification - if the profession NOC code is listed under FSW (Trades) then you would need a job offer in order to apply under that. It's an 'either / or' situation - it's either Provincial (or Federal) Certificate of Qualification (if available) or a Valid job offer.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...s.html#minimum

have a

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 8th 2019 at 10:47 pm.