Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto - Roncesvalles/High Park

Toronto - Roncesvalles/High Park

Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Toronto - Roncesvalles/High Park

We are planning a recce trip to Toronto, and have been scoping out a few places that we should focus our attention on come move day.

The area to the east of High Park (Roncesvalles?) seems to tick a lot of boxes. Is (just) within budget, close to the park, easy to get to work etc, and the properties I've seen on www.mls.ca look really nice.

But it would be good to hear what people have to say. Is this a good area, or are there underlying problems - crime, drugs etc? Are there any particularly good or bad areas downtown to focus on or avoid. Budget would be around $600k-$800k.

Thanks guys.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Zap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond reputeZap0ne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto - Roncesvalles/High Park

Originally Posted by MarkSurrey
We are planning a recce trip to Toronto, and have been scoping out a few places that we should focus our attention on come move day.

The area to the east of High Park (Roncesvalles?) seems to tick a lot of boxes. Is (just) within budget, close to the park, easy to get to work etc, and the properties I've seen on www.mls.ca look really nice.

But it would be good to hear what people have to say. Is this a good area, or are there underlying problems - crime, drugs etc? Are there any particularly good or bad areas downtown to focus on or avoid. Budget would be around $600k-$800k.

Thanks guys.
Hey MarkSurrey,

The Roncesvalles Village is a great area. I lived on Marmaduke for a while and really liked it. It is nice to have good access to the park and also a bike ride to the lake for some recreation. Roncesvalles has got better over the past few years as new restaurants and bars have opened up. I would say that the bad rap is living with Parkdale as a neighbour which has many social issues in the past.

Check this out:
http://www.torontolife.com/guide/rea.../roncesvalles/

Goodluck!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all

Brilliant. And thanks for the link, that's exactly what I needed.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 6:13 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.
I used to live there too, on Wright Ave just east of Roncey. Highly recommended for just the reasons you post. Check it out, I think you'll like the area.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:41 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys.
I worked near there for several months.

Nice area with good public transport links.