Toronto Pride

Old Jun 21st 2006, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toronto Pride

I have volunteered to help during the above event (partly selfish reasons, volunteer work looks good on resume and you get a free T Shirt , but also because I am a public spirit individual!! ), and they have asked me to help in a security type roll on Saturday and Sunday.

Has anyone been here during the Pride weekend, are there generally any problems or is it reatively trouble free?

Thanks

Mark
Old Jun 21st 2006, 4:22 am
Banned

Hunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to allHunterau is a name known to all
Default Re: Toronto Pride

Originally Posted by mjanovitz
I have volunteered to help during the above event (partly selfish reasons, volunteer work looks good on resume and you get a free T Shirt , but also because I am a public spirit individual!! ), and they have asked me to help in a security type roll on Saturday and Sunday.

Has anyone been here during the Pride weekend, are there generally any problems or is it reatively trouble free?

Thanks

Mark
It's 100% trouble free and HEAPS of fun!!!!

Enjoy and make sure to get ridiculously sloshed with the hottest Queen you can find !
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:29 am

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

In the heat and humidity, I'd think chafing maybe. Opt for those chaps.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:39 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Mark
Something we should know?
Old Jun 21st 2006, 11:54 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Mark
We go to the parade most years, often with an autistic adult. We've never seen any trouble of any sort and have always been able to borrow a wheelchair. There are lots of bylaw violations; public nudity, drinking in the street, smoking weed in public and, OMG, smoking straight cigarettes on patios which have umbrellas! However, there are lots of police and volunteers keeping order without petty busts and, so far as I've seen, it's all been very sociable.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond reputemjanovitz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
In the heat and humidity, I'd think chafing maybe. Opt for those chaps.
Oh dear, i've been told they are mandatory and must be worn so as to show a bare ass.......what have done!! Will vasaline prevent chaffing, maybe I should take a tub with me
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hunterau
It's 100% trouble free and HEAPS of fun!!!!

Enjoy and make sure to get ridiculously sloshed with the hottest Queen you can find !
The Queen is going, I didn't know that.....best get my UK Flag out
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dbd33
We go to the parade most years, often with an autistic adult. We've never seen any trouble of any sort and have always been able to borrow a wheelchair. There are lots of bylaw violations; public nudity, drinking in the street, smoking weed in public and, OMG, smoking straight cigarettes on patios which have umbrellas! However, there are lots of police and volunteers keeping order without petty busts and, so far as I've seen, it's all been very sociable.
Thanks for the info, good to hear that from someone who has been and knows what it's like.

Thanks

Mark
Old Jun 21st 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

Security is always needed at these events, loads of guys slipping in the back door
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:00 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info, good to hear that from someone who has been and knows what it's like.

Thanks

Mark
Fun, is all, no problem at all.

Sometimes we go to the Caribana parade (one year one of my children was the token white person on a float). That's a bit more rowdy but still good tempered and non-violent (at least during the day). The only occasion where I have seen, and would expect, large and hostile crowds is the last night of the Ex. Otherwise events in Toronto are enjoyably tame.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PROLLINSON
Security is always needed at these events, loads of guys slipping in the back door
OK I guess you are talking about actual back doors and people trying to get in to rooms or locations they should not be, possiblly trying to avoid having to pay.

I'd rather not have another thread beamed off the board today!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:02 pm
Whatacomplete Member

koogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond reputekoogar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, i've been told they are mandatory and must be worn so as to show a bare ass.......what have done!! Will vasaline prevent chaffing, maybe I should take a tub with me
please refain from using the word 'vasaline' as it may cause offence to other petrolium based lubricant manufacturers
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by koogar
please refain from using the word 'vasaline' as it may cause offence to other petrolium based lubricant manufacturers
Of course....you are right. This board is such mine field!!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:27 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

OK I guess you are talking about actual back doors and people trying to get in to rooms or locations they should not be, possiblly trying to avoid having to pay.

I'd rather not have another thread beamed off the board today!
Or he could be referring to emergency exits. That's what my back door is "exit only".

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

HTH

Old Jun 21st 2006, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

PROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant futurePROLLINSON has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Or he could be referring to emergency exits. That's what my back door is "exit only".

I'm pretty sure that's what he meant.

HTH

I was just trying to point out that in security, you don't want a lot of men coming from behind. Gets messy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.