Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto Police Criminal Background Check From Overseas

Toronto Police Criminal Background Check From Overseas

Old Apr 8th 2021, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Awain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond reputeAwain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toronto Police Criminal Background Check From Overseas

Hello - has anyone got a criminal background check (CBC) from overseas? We returned to the UK from Toronto in February. My wife requires a fingerprint based criminal background check for the period we lived in Toronto. Applying for a CBC seems simple enough, but the process to add in fingerprints isn't clear. I thought that as our fingerprints were taken when we immigrated we might be able to get a normal background check and her fingerprints would be 'on file'.
Bit of a niche request, but you never with the wisdom of the forum!
Thanks!
Old Apr 9th 2021, 3:08 am

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto Police Criminal Background Check From Overseas

Originally Posted by Awain View Post
Hello - has anyone got a criminal background check (CBC) from overseas? We returned to the UK from Toronto in February. My wife requires a fingerprint based criminal background check for the period we lived in Toronto. Applying for a CBC seems simple enough, but the process to add in fingerprints isn't clear. I thought that as our fingerprints were taken when we immigrated we might be able to get a normal background check and her fingerprints would be 'on file'.
Bit of a niche request, but you never with the wisdom of the forum!
Thanks!
Have Immigration and Citizenship Canada requested the Police Criminal Record Check from Canada? Normally they don't require one from Canada unless you share a name with someone who has a dodgy background

If you definitely need one there are directions on the RCMP website.. https://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/steps-...l-record-check

You will need to get the fingerprints taken by your local police force, then use an Accredited service to digitalise them and send them to the Canada RCMP office. (google search for Accredited RCMP Fingerprint Service)

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 9th 2021 at 3:17 am.