Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:01 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

Originally Posted by tom25
...would all you straight people re-locate to a mostly gay area?
It wouldn't be a consideration. Homophobia would be more of a concern.

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I wouldn't want to live in a village full of trolls.
Coffee-keyboard

What if there was a bridge?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Have you ever been to a gay club? If you had you would know that you can go and have a beer and not be forcibly buggered on arrival.
My lesbian friend took me to a party for the same sex community here in Sweden. Basically both gays and lesbians. It spread like wildfire that there was a straight person in the club. I had a blast. I could sit and have a drink and not be buggered by drunk horny men and the drunk horny women were respectful enough to not bugger me either. One of my best and most relaxing nights out ever.

I am pro same sex marriage, pro adoption/IVF for same sex couples. Basically they shall have the same rights a straight couple enjoys.

(Ladies, pay attention. Should you ever need advice on good stiletto shoes, talk to a drag queen.)
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:09 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YYZlover
It spread like wildfire that there was a straight person in the club. I had a blast. I could sit and have a drink and not be buggered by drunk horny men and the drunk horny women were respectful enough to not bugger me either. One of my best and most relaxing nights out ever.
I'm sure you had a fine time but I'm interested to hear that you'd usually expect to be buggered by drunk horny men, I thought that required a degree of rigidity better achieved when sober.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I'm sure you had a fine time but I'm interested to hear that you'd usually expect to be buggered by drunk horny men, I thought that required a degree of rigidity better achieved when sober.
Are you trying to tell me that you've never drank a woman pretty and then tried to pick her up while struggling to stand up straight?
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:22 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you trying to tell me that you've never drank a woman pretty and then tried to pick her up while struggling to stand up straight?

Woman? I've drank a donkey pretty.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

I rest my case.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:24 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

<splutter> Don't forget I met that donkey. All is now clear.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:25 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Big bums, donkeys.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom25
Hi,

I am going to be applying for a Visa in December when they re-open the window for applications.

I had planned on going to Toronto next year, and spending the whole time there, however someone my dad was speaking to about this visited Toronto and said it is full of gays and lesbians?

No offence to anybody, but that's not really my 'scene' - so can anyone confirm this, or were they just exaggerating? Would Vancouver be a better option?

Thanks
Yes it's full of gays and lesbians - wall to wall. Can't move for them down the street. They all wear big sandwich boards saying "I'm gay, first I'm going to shag you, then I'm going to eat you". BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID Tom!! Seriously, don't come here it's too scary.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:29 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atlantic Xpat

I have taken to (occasionally) drinking that Rickards White stuff that comes with a slice of orange in it. Ordinarily, I'd say that that would make be gay, but the two actual gay men I know wouldn't touch it with a (nattily pink beribboned) barge pole. Based on an understandably statistically insignificant sample of the only two gay men I know, rum and coke is a gay drink. As is red wine. Oh dear.
I've just got back from walking the testicle deficient dead straight border collie and am going for the Tankhouse Ale next.

After that I'm stuck with poncy wheat beer or some godawful sounding stuff called Betelgeuse. At 8.7% alcohol it should be called "Incoherence".
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Damn you, Novo. I can't give you any more Karma. Apparently the system thinks I should pass it around to others a bit more.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:30 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by London Mike
Yes it's full of gays and lesbians - wall to wall. Can't move for them down the street. They all wear big sandwich boards saying "I'm gay, first I'm going to shag you, then I'm going to eat you". BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID Tom!! Seriously, don't come here it's too scary.
Actually, a lesbian carrying such a sign would perk me up quite a lot.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Actually, a lesbian carrying such a sign would perk me up quite a lot.
Oh do please read post number 56.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:31 am
Born again atheist

Damn you, Novo. I can't give you any more Karma. Apparently the system thinks I should pass it around to others a bit more.
Quite right too. This is a democracy.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Quite right too. This is a democracy.
Well then, would you mind not being so bloody amusing and accurately to the point?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.