Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

tom25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

Hi,

I am going to be applying for a Visa in December when they re-open the window for applications.

I had planned on going to Toronto next year, and spending the whole time there, however someone my dad was speaking to about this visited Toronto and said it is full of gays and lesbians?

No offence to anybody, but that's not really my 'scene' - so can anyone confirm this, or were they just exaggerating? Would Vancouver be a better option?

Thanks
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:47 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Toronto - apparently full of gays and lesbians?

"No offence to anybody" ... how could saying that you would not live in a city because it has gays and lesbinas not be offesive? If thats your criteria, you will have a problem living anywhere.

"full of gays and lesbians?" full! not just has some, or there is a scene or its a popular gay city, but 'full', so packed that they are refusing entry to any new gay or lesbian visitors, its reached its limit. Quotas broken. Its true, you would not get in anyway, even if you wanted to, not till a few gays or lesbians leave or die.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:51 pm
Soulless bureaucrat

Lemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond repute

Surely you're kidding, right?

Why on earth would this be something to consider when moving abroad? I'd honestly like to know because it baffles me.

This aside, as a former inhabitant of London and Brighton and a reasonably frequent visitor to Toronto I would say that the gay community is probably as it is in most major cities.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kimilseung
"No offence to anybody" ... how could saying that you would not live in a city because it has gays and lesbinas not be offesive? If thats your criteria, you will have a problem living anywhere.

"full of gays and lesbians?" full! not just has some, or there is a scene or its a popular gay city, but 'full', so packed that they are refusing entry to any new gay or lesbian visitors, its reached its limit. Quotas broken. Its true, you would not get in anyway, even if you wanted to, not till a few gays or lesbians leave or die.
don't get so precious, i'm going on what a text message said, almost to quote, 'its full of gays and lesbians'

so is it reknowned for its gay clubs or what?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:53 pm
Soulless bureaucrat

Lemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond reputeLemonfish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom25
don't get so precious, i'm going on what a text message said, almost to quote, 'its full of gays and lesbians'

Why do you want to know though?

Are you concerned there won't be any straight clubs?
Or that you'll be forced to go to gay ones?

How old are you?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lemonfish
Surely you're kidding, right?

Why on earth would this be something to consider when moving abroad? I'd honestly like to know because it baffles me.

This aside, as a former inhabitant of London and Brighton and a reasonably frequent visitor to Toronto I would say that the gay community is probably as it is in most major cities.
course it's something to consider, i wouldn't be paying around £1000 to be there and saving up much more to live and work in a place that i'd be wishing to leave

don't take offence to what i asked, and thanks for answering the question
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

Why do you want to know though?

Are you concerned there won't be any straight clubs?
Or that you'll be forced to go to gay ones?

How old are you?
essentially, yes. i'm 22
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:55 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Living in Toronto for a couple of decades, I've been propositioned by people of the same sex approximately monthly. I'm gorgeous, mind, your mileage may vary, don't count on getting the same.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:56 pm
Soulless bureaucrat

If you were 22 I can only imagine this would happen even more frequently? Perhaps daily?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:56 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I am going to be applying for a Visa in December when they re-open the window for applications.

I had planned on going to Toronto next year, and spending the whole time there, however someone my dad was speaking to about this visited Toronto and said it is full of gays and lesbians?

No offence to anybody, but that's not really my 'scene' - so can anyone confirm this, or were they just exaggerating? Would Vancouver be a better option?

Thanks
Um, I think you're going to find Vancouver has as many, if not more gays and lesbians than Toronto. Although TO does have a great Pride parade every year.

And honestly with your kind of attitude most of us Canadians can do without you. Maybe if you're anti-gay you could try someplace like Utah or the deep south of the US.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:57 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dbd33
Living in Toronto for a couple of decades, I've been propositioned by people of the same sex approximately monthly. I'm gorgeous, mind, your mileage may vary, don't count on getting the same.
you get on my tits most of the time, but once in a while you come through
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:57 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

"don't get so precious' listen to yourself, stop and think about what you have said, "full". and your excuse for using such offensive language is because someone else said it, your just at the end of a chain of offensivness. They were your words, you chose to use them.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:58 pm
Soulless bureaucrat

essentially, yes. i'm 22
Where do you live now, tom25?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:01 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Maybe if you're anti-gay you could try someplace like Utah or the deep south of the US.
Oi! I'm reliably informed that SLC is quite gay friendly, not gentile friendly perhaps, but it's not like say, Dundalk Ontario for intolerance.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 11:01 pm
Just Joined

Where do you live now, tom25?
i live in a village near birmingham, england

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.