Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...

top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...

Old May 4th 2009, 1:33 pm
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of
Default top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...

based on a $600k budget for a 4 bed house, many thanks
Attached Thumbnails top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...-mr.bmp  

Last edited by Hammy1976; May 4th 2009 at 1:38 pm.
Old May 4th 2009, 9:11 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...

check out www.mls.ca

lots of areas are cheaper out there, as it's a slog into town....fine if your work is local.....it also had a major 'up' in house price but has taken one of the biggest hits of recent months......lovely place though......
Old May 5th 2009, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

lousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to beholdlousid is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...

Originally Posted by Hammy1976
based on a $600k budget for a 4 bed house, many thanks
If you have kids ready for schools, your best bet would be the Albion area off 240th St. There are great housing developments in Maple Crest, Uplands and Highland Vistas. Thornhill is pretty good, too. The elementary schools in the area like Kanaka Creek (which has an alternative year round program, which bsically means three terms with a month off at the end of each, Aug, December and April) and Albion are great. SRT the local high school or Maple Ridge Secondary both have good reps. Thomas Haney is another of those alternative curriculum approaches where kids work on studying at their own pace.

Kana Creek has som great houses, too. Depends also what you actually want. You can get older houses with larger space/yards and even acreage for that price. Stay away from Haney, East or West central. Some nice spots in the west area of town, on the outskirts. Get a good realtor to help. Lots of local, very knowledgeable ones. Steer clear of some. PM me for specific names.
Good luck.
p.s. I teach in one of the local high schools. Sorry for any typos. I'm rushing this. 24 is on ....
Old May 5th 2009, 10:56 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of
Default Re: top 3 Maple Ridge neighbourhoods & reasons please...

Originally Posted by lousid
If you have kids ready for schools, your best bet would be the Albion area off 240th St. There are great housing developments in Maple Crest, Uplands and Highland Vistas. Thornhill is pretty good, too. The elementary schools in the area like Kanaka Creek (which has an alternative year round program, which bsically means three terms with a month off at the end of each, Aug, December and April) and Albion are great. SRT the local high school or Maple Ridge Secondary both have good reps. Thomas Haney is another of those alternative curriculum approaches where kids work on studying at their own pace.

Kana Creek has som great houses, too. Depends also what you actually want. You can get older houses with larger space/yards and even acreage for that price. Stay away from Haney, East or West central. Some nice spots in the west area of town, on the outskirts. Get a good realtor to help. Lots of local, very knowledgeable ones. Steer clear of some. PM me for specific names.
Good luck.
p.s. I teach in one of the local high schools. Sorry for any typos. I'm rushing this. 24 is on ....
many thanks, I need to start looking at schools in more detail, your information is a great starting place.

Sorry if you missed the start of 24 thanks again