Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

too much stuff !!!

too much stuff !!!

Old May 21st 2013, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future
Default too much stuff !!!

Hi,
hopefully osmeone can help. My daughter refuses to part with anything and we are scheduled to fly out to Sask at the end of June. Excess baggage is becoming a joke we would need a lorry to take us to the airport!!!
So, with that in mind, has anyone used Parcel2Go. They appear to be offereing good rates on the half dozen or so boxes we would need sent but I have never used or heard of them till now.

Any thoughts???
Old May 21st 2013, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

oopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond reputeoopsbuddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: too much stuff !!!

What have you got to lose....apart from a load of stuff you want to lose...?!
Old May 21st 2013, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

AJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant futureAJRowan has a brilliant future

it's not my stuff it's my reluctant daughter's stuff
Can you imagine it, I have just convinced her this is a good idea and she should give it a go.....oh and by the way we have lost all the "stuff" you didn't want to part with!!!
Try telling that to a firey Scottish redhead
Old May 21st 2013, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Get your daughter to pay for the extra stuff? Maybe she'll get the idea?
Old May 21st 2013, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AJRowan
it's not my stuff it's my reluctant daughter's stuff
Can you imagine it, I have just convinced her this is a good idea and she should give it a go.....oh and by the way we have lost all the "stuff" you didn't want to part with!!!
Try telling that to a firey Scottish redhead

Now there's a thought!
Has anyone actually used parcel2Go?
Old May 21st 2013, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

jean1947 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Post Office by air or surface mail?
Old May 21st 2013, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Bucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond reputeBucks_Family has a reputation beyond repute

Now there's a thought!
Has anyone actually used parcel2Go?
Here, have a look through this fairly recent-ish thread
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=parcel2Go
Old May 21st 2013, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

thanks, checked out the thread about Parcel2Go, sounds promising. Off to see how much at the post office.
Old May 21st 2013, 11:48 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to use Parcel2go when I was selling stuff on ebay.

Never had a problem, great prices too.
Old May 21st 2013, 11:57 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

When we moved we came over first class. A couple hundred bucks more, but it saved more than that with all the extra luggage allowance.
Old May 21st 2013, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for all the replies folks, very much appreciated
Old May 21st 2013, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

I used parcel2go to send a 15kg bag of my stuff to Canada. Choose fedex as the carrier and it cost £60. It arrived a week late but it arrived, no damage etc.
The lady from fedex called me to ask if I was a returning resident. I had to email off a copy of my passport and work permit and no additional charges were applied. Just make sure your parcel is clearly labeled on the outside with your status.

When my parcel was late and whilst waiting I did search for reviews and it seems things either go well with no problems or when things do go bad customer service is terrible and non existent
Old May 21st 2013, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice

Parcel 2 go is a good service. Just avoid using their ups service. If ups is the only option be prepare for their brokerage fees. They will also most likely charge you the import duty which you will have to claim back.

ups only give something like 4 free line items. They the charge per for each line above this on the manifest.
Old May 21st 2013, 6:39 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
hopefully osmeone can help. My daughter refuses to part with anything and we are scheduled to fly out to Sask at the end of June. Excess baggage is becoming a joke we would need a lorry to take us to the airport!!!
So, with that in mind, has anyone used Parcel2Go. They appear to be offereing good rates on the half dozen or so boxes we would need sent but I have never used or heard of them till now.

Any thoughts???
Have you thought about air cargo with the airline you are flying with?

Airtransat Cargo are reasonably priced.

Old May 21st 2013, 7:13 pm
Yo

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

If you seriously think she could dispense with some items, ask her to leave some in the UK with a relative and you will pick it up on your next home trip. Chances are that she will forget about half the stuff she simply "must have" and it can be dispensed with accordingly. Failing that you can actually bring it on future trips.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.