Wikiposts

Toilet paper!

Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Toilet paper!

On another board where I post someone asked what had happened to the coloured toilet paper. Years and years ago, we had pink and mauve and yellow etc. toilet paper. I said that you can still buy it in England. And then other people posted and said that the dye in the paper caused skin irritations and the dyed paper did not break down in the sewer system. For those reasons they stopped making anything but white.

So - can anyone tell me why the coloured paper does not cause irritations to English bottoms or why the dye doesn't plug up the UK sewer system? Or perhaps it does both and people don't mind!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:20 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Toilet paper!

Originally Posted by lizwil98
On another board where I post someone asked what had happened to the coloured toilet paper. Years and years ago, we had pink and mauve and yellow etc. toilet paper. I said that you can still buy it in England. And then other people posted and said that the dye in the paper caused skin irritations and the dyed paper did not break down in the sewer system. For those reasons they stopped making anything but white.

So - can anyone tell me why the coloured paper does not cause irritations to English bottoms or why the dye doesn't plug up the UK sewer system? Or perhaps it does both and people don't mind!
There's a Friday discussion if ever there was one!

Can one use the "T" word, by the way? I thought we were meant to call it "bathroom tissue".
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:22 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Toilet paper!

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Can one use the "T" word, by the way? I thought we were meant to call it "bathroom tissue".
Washroom tissue ?

Friday funnies.

Rich.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:42 am
talking Ter Sami

acer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond reputeacer rose has a reputation beyond repute

No idea really, but I do recall single ply stuff being more widely available (and used) in my north American travels. My sister is on a septic tank syatem here in the UK and does not seem to have issues with "tissue degradation", in spite of plumping for the colourful soft luxury stuff! We also had far more sewer problems in the US than I have ever had in Europe. Maybe that's why colonic irrigation is so popular...
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:48 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acer rose
Maybe that's why colonic irrigation is so popular...
Only in the southern states, surely.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Patsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to allPatsy is a name known to all

It does!!!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by acer rose
We also had far more sewer problems in the US than I have ever had in Europe.
Same... when we visited here last Dec we had to call maintenance 3 times, in Toronto in Feb 2ce, 2ce in the rented flat in May/June and already in this house we've installed a new loo upstairs and are probably going to have to replace the downstairs one any day now. They're rubbish! I hate the fill-up-to-the-brim-then-empty thing...gives you heart failure every time when you know you've got a dodgy loo. I always think they'll spill over.

And if anyone says anything about my bowels I'll slap them

Quite glad to see the back of coloured loo roll, that's one step removed from the crochet covers in my book :scared:
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:21 am
Just Joined

MooseHead is an unknown quantity at this point

Never heard of the skin irritation problem, but the dyes in the colored paper kill the bugs which break down all the waste at the sewage farm - apparently. Any sewage experts on here able to verify if this is the true reason?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:27 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink

Quite glad to see the back of coloured loo roll, that's one step removed from the crochet covers in my book :scared:
The ones shaped like a demented poodle perhaps...or a stoned Spanish Flamenco dancer?