Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Tipping Protocol

Tipping Protocol

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:18 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tipping Protocol

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
To each his own...but my idea of hell is an 'all inclusive' resort.
I would at one time have agreed with you. I used to be into doing stuff on vacation. I'm not now. We go to these place to escape winter for a bit and to kick back. We take lots of books. It is very relaxing.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:42 pm
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I would at one time have agreed with you. I used to be into doing stuff on vacation. I'm not now. We go to these place to escape winter for a bit and to kick back. We take lots of books. It is very relaxing.
That's a slippery slope. Before you know it, you'll be mulling over the undoubted benefits of cruises, or guided coach tours...
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:59 pm
Slob

Souvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond reputeSouvy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty
That's a slippery slope. Before you know it, you'll be mulling over the undoubted benefits of cruises, or guided coach tours...
I've done a coach tour. I wouldn't do it again. Cruises are not my thing either, with the possible exception of an Arctic cruise. I quite fancy that.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:09 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvy
I've done a coach tour. I wouldn't do it again. Cruises are not my thing either, with the possible exception of an Arctic cruise. I quite fancy that.
Me too - will probably do an arctic cruise next year. I also used to look down at beach holidays with disdain, now I quite like them.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:48 pm
Slob

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Me too - will probably do an arctic cruise next year. I also used to look down at beach holidays with disdain, now I quite like them.
It's quite interesting watching people gradually relax over a few days. The layers of stress and whatever simply peel off. All you need is a few items of clothing, lots of books and a cribbage board, with cards. The latter items I will likely sell at a vast profit on our last day.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

kwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to allkwazywabbit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Serving staff are unlikely to complain to you about how cheap you are with your tips.

But amongst themselves you are probably known if you go to the same place frequently.

No i go to smitty's every sat. I get great service, they even know what i want, i get plenty or refills and smiles. They still get a few bucks.. what more do you expect.. and to be honest I don't care if i'm perceived as cheap..
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 6:31 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwazywabbit
No i go to smitty's every sat. I get great service, they even know what i want, i get plenty or refills and smiles. They still get a few bucks.. what more do you expect.. and to be honest I don't care if i'm perceived as cheap..
There's no perception, the above proves your cheapness